stainless steel exhausts

Replied by talkingcars on topic stainless steel exhausts

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #103923
On FRL last Saturday we spent quite a bit of time following cars fitted with TT mk7 systems from Surrey Labs, stunning looking bit of kit but just too loud, on the way home with the roof up we could still hear the one we were following despite him being 5 or 600 yards behind. Apart from the volume they did sound good in the tunnels.

I did also have the pleasure of following Neil of Surrey Labs in A19 through the Dartford tunnel with the prototype TT mk8 (and no cat) and it sounded good, I may well be going for one when they become available as they will be fine on long journeys.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MaddAussie on topic stainless steel exhausts

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #103925
Another vote for the Daytona, mines mated with a 4-2-1 and sports cat and is a tad loud...

TF160 - Mike Satur 4-2-1 manifold, Sports Cat, Quad Daytona, Z and F Tuning Phase 2 Remap showing 177Bhp @ Janspeed RR day and a Big Grin :D (oh and a glass rear screen and bits of shiny stuff)

• John and Sue
  • John and Sue's Avatar Offline
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.

Replied by John and Sue on topic stainless steel exhausts

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #103928
We got a good deal from Neil on a Mk 7 so went for that. I don't find it unduly loud but we are 56 and half deaf!

I was impressed by the silencer offered by MGOC. Would have gone for that if the TT deal hadn't
gone through.

It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Replied by Luckymarine on topic stainless steel exhausts

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #103951
Scorpion has my vote. Managed to pick one up with less than 200 miles on it for £150 last year.

Looks nice, fills out the gaps like all the quad exhausts do and with a cat on is none too loud!

Last Edit:11 years 4 months ago by Luckymarine
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Luckymarine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Replied by Whiz on topic stainless steel exhausts

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #103973
Vote for MIJ on this one.
Myself and Nemesis both have these and the customisation (tone and volume) means you can get the noise you want.
For approx £330 you get what you want made and fitted to the car in around two hours while you wander Walsall high street and you also choose finishers too for that money. There are more expensive finishers that will be added on top though.
The lifetime guarantee included is potentially a great addition too. Hoping not to need it though obviously lol
by Whiz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Replied by Forrester on topic stainless steel exhausts

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #104073
I bought a Toyo SS manifold & exhaust for around £200 [new] & have done about 1k since fitting.
It looked well made & easy to fit [bit of bending]. Coupled with a K&N cone, I am dead pleased with the end result - not loud cruising but give it some welly & you have a big grin on your face :P

• bensewell
  • bensewell's Avatar Offline
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

Replied by bensewell on topic stainless steel exhausts

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #104078
us while were on about exhausts what difference does an enclosed filter do to noise on a TF still not got round to fitting the 820 box + k&n but it might be going on Bogey one day in 2013.

Replied by Blow-in on topic stainless steel exhausts

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #104079
I've got the MGOC Supersports exhaust fitted to the Mk2 1.8i (with Cat) - very happy with the sound. You are aware of a burble when idling.

The silencer is quite small and doesn't need the strap to fit it.

Richard

1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

by Blow-in
Attachments:

• bensewell
  • bensewell's Avatar Offline
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

Replied by bensewell on topic stainless steel exhausts

Posted 11 years 4 months ago #104080
Pqd did a very good writeup maybe someone can link this in? Ans not heard of PQD for a while is he OK?

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds