tracking help please

tracking help please was created by g4wam

Posted 14 years 6 months ago #11384
hello all--can someone help with a question about MGF tracking ..

I need to set the front of my MGF to 5 degrees toe -in but my local centre can only deal in millimteres -what is the conversion please?
I have 15" wheels by the way

Mike
by g4wam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by adamelphick on topic tracking help please

Posted 14 years 6 months ago #11386

g4wam;11384 wrote: hello all--can someone help with a question about MGF tracking ..

I need to set the front of my MGF to 5 degrees toe -in but my local centre can only deal in millimteres -what is the conversion please?

Mike

If they don't have laser alignment equipment then don't get it done! The F and TF need to be properly 4 wheel laser aligned.

Also the toe in depends on your bush set up as well.. if you have standard it's different from say what I have with standard + nylon compliance washers. Here is a page that will help:

http://www.apttony.co.uk/Servicing/Compliance.html

Replied by g4wam on topic tracking help please

Posted 14 years 6 months ago #11390
thanks for your advice.
Here is some more detail to the question.
I am going to fit a poly bush kit from MGF Centre -there recommendation was then to trackmy MGF with 4 dgrees toe in front and parallel back -this being what they would do if i took it to them in Wolverhampton.
The only place local to me that has 4 wheel tracking capability will do the job if i can convert from degrees to metric -its odd i know
Mike
by g4wam

Replied by adamelphick on topic tracking help please

Posted 14 years 6 months ago #11396
hmmmm... all the 4 wheel alignment places round here use degrees as far as I know. Is it definitely laser alignment they will use?

Replied by quicksilver on topic tracking help please

Posted 14 years 6 months ago #11415

g4wam;11384 wrote: hello all--can someone help with a question about MGF tracking ..

Mike

You would need to know the precise radius of your wheel and tyre, and a set of log tables to work that out. Sounds like your local garage have got an old style micrometer alignment rig. Dont touch it with a barge pole.

Replied by g4wam on topic tracking help please

Posted 14 years 6 months ago #11427
thanks everyone -I decided to take the advise that -they know not what they do!!!
My best bet in the Midlands is to seek out the professionals at MGF Centre Woverhampton .
Did anyone see a post recently about replacing the normal clear MGF repeaters with Ford Focus style fancy repeaters ?
I bought some but cannot fit them without butchering my wiring
Regards
Mike
by g4wam

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds