I'm loving these...

I'm loving these... was created by kara

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1391
Spotted these on a Megane today and have to admit they look pretty darn good! Any ideas if anyone has fit these to their F before or if it could even be done:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-MEGANE-COUPE-MK1-MK1-FACELIFT-SIDE-SKIRTS_W0QQitemZ180426301538QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a023ee062
by kara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by reaper on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1434
Should be able to fit, ground clearence and the vents would be my concern, you would have to cut them for the vents but if done right would be unique!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

by reaper

Replied by eagle on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1437
Just wondering if there is any part of your original "F" that you like ? You seem to have modified most of it by now. Maybe one day you will pass an original "F" and think " that looks good, can I make mine look like that" ? Anyhow, you want to fit French parts ? It`l be MX5 bits next !

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

by eagle

Replied by adamelphick on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1530
Hey Kara - they look lush but I'd e worried at the amount of cutting needed (both length ways and around the ait intakes) that would be needed to fit them.

Theses are avalabel for the TF and would require less work to 'F-i-fy'...

Or these for an F:

Replied by kara on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1532

Reaper;1434 wrote: Should be able to fit, ground clearence and the vents would be my concern, you would have to cut them for the vents but if done right would be unique!

Thanks for your response mate. I just think they look very stylish... I've always been a bit disappointed with the way the F just peaters out at the bottom, MGR definitely improved this with the TF.

Eagle;1437 wrote: Just wondering if there is any part of your original "F" that you like ? You seem to have modified most of it by now. Maybe one day you will pass an original "F" and think " that looks good, can I make mine look like that" ? Anyhow, you want to fit French parts ? It`l be MX5 bits next !

I understand what you're saying but with all due respect I wouldn't turn round to my dad and say "how could you put sugar and honey on your cornflakes... is their any cornflakes left?" because I understand that we all have individual tastes and the result of this is that we can and do personalize the things that we enjoy. I love my F for that reason - it's mine! Whether you agree with what I've done or not it is unmistakably mine and I've done exactly what I wanted to do with my car. I think if people were honest with themselves they'd never begrudge someone for doing the things that make them happy. :)

Not to mention there are only 4 things on my F that are not made by MG Rover - the spoiler, splitter (which I'll be changing for a Trophy splitter soon), quads and aerial - oh & head gasket of course! :lol:

If we all stuck with one person or company's designs without modifying or changing anything then we'd still be driving around in horse & cart! :lol:

AdamElphick;1530 wrote: Hey Kara - they look lush but I'd e worried at the amount of cutting needed (both length ways and around the ait intakes) that would be needed to fit them.

Theses are avalabel for the TF and would require less work to 'F-i-fy'...

Or these for an F:

I really like those TF side skirts - where are they from mate? :)
by kara

Replied by adamelphick on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1538
Fuund the TF ones on http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=8817 .

Don't know what the shipping is like though.

Replied by frankm83 on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1589
JDL tuning also does them, I think they were the cheapest of all companies I found, I still don't know if to buy them or not :S

FM :rolleyes:

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1592

AdamElphick;1538 wrote: Fuund the TF ones on http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=8817 .

Don't know what the shipping is like though.

FrankM83;1589 wrote: JDL tuning also does them, I think they were the cheapest of all companies I found, I still don't know if to buy them or not :S

Wow guys I had no idea side skirts could be so expensive! :o Looks like I may have to wait a bit or buy these Megane ones and modify them.

Thank you so much for the info! :)
by kara

Replied by gotenks1321 on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1595
I think I actually quite like those Megane ones :skeptical: :lol:

Would you blend them in or keep the line between those and the body? Surely if they're blended then that will offer some extra strength and negate the weakening from cutting the holes for the side vents :dunno:

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1597

gotenks1321;1595 wrote: I think I actually quite like those Megane ones :skeptical: :lol:

Would you blend them in or keep the line between those and the body? Surely if they're blended then that will offer some extra strength and negate the weakening from cutting the holes for the side vents :dunno:

I'd definitely blend them. They do look pretty damn awesome don't they? :awwyeah:
by kara

Replied by eagle on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1599
I understand what you're saying

Well I am glad you understand because I am not so sure I do. I never though of my self as a purist and I will defend any one who wishes to alter / modify / update their car, including you.

but with all due respect I wouldn't turn round to my dad and say "how could you put sugar and honey on your cornflakes... is their any cornflakes left?" because I understand that we all have individual tastes and the result of this is that we can and do personalise the things that we enjoy. I love my F for that reason - it's mine! Whether you agree with what I've done or not it is unmistakably mine and I've done exactly what I wanted to do with my car. I think if people were honest with themselves they'd never begrudge someone for doing the things that make them happy. :)

I agree the car is yours and you can do as you wish, Paint it pink if you like the colour, ( i don't believe I just wrote that ). But at some point, for me at least, your car will no longer be an MGF but a hybrid.

Not to mention there are only 4 things on my F that are not made by MG Rover - the spoiler, splitter (which I'll be changing for a Trophy splitter soon), quads and aerial - oh & head gasket of course! :lol:

If we all stuck with one person or company's designs without modifying or changing anything then we'd still be driving around in horse & cart! :lol:

Here I have to disagree with you, I think the boys and girls at MG have over the years done a fantastic job, and I feel very fortunate to own one of their creations. Ps its no cart but it has plenty of horses!

Kara, my provoking of you is intended to be light hearted, but it has at at its core some serious points that I am having trouble putting into words.
Can you help out by trying to explain why you need to change so much.

Is it your desire for the finished article?

Do you enjoy the process of change, are you always looking for the next mod ?

Are you trying to be deliberately different ?

Sorry Kara but this is getting a bit deep for me, I think I am rambling on a bit,
( call it a senior moment ) asking the questions above is a bit naughty, but I would like to understand.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

by eagle

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1604

Eagle;1599 wrote: I understand what you're saying

Well I am glad you understand because I am not so sure I do. I never though of my self as a purist and I will defend any one who wishes to alter / modify / update their car, including you.

but with all due respect I wouldn't turn round to my dad and say "how could you put sugar and honey on your cornflakes... is their any cornflakes left?" because I understand that we all have individual tastes and the result of this is that we can and do personalise the things that we enjoy. I love my F for that reason - it's mine! Whether you agree with what I've done or not it is unmistakably mine and I've done exactly what I wanted to do with my car. I think if people were honest with themselves they'd never begrudge someone for doing the things that make them happy. :)

I agree the car is yours and you can do as you wish, Paint it pink if you like the colour, ( i don't believe I just wrote that ). But at some point, for me at least, your car will no longer be an MGF but a hybrid.

Here I have to disagree with you, I think the boys and girls at MG have over the years done a fantastic job, and I feel very fortunate to own one of their creations. Ps its no cart but it has plenty of horses!

Kara, my provoking of you is intended to be light hearted, but it has at at its core some serious points that I am having trouble putting into words.
Can you help out by trying to explain why you need to change so much.

Is it your desire for the finished article?

Do you enjoy the process of change, are you always looking for the next mod ?

Are you trying to be deliberately different ?

Sorry Kara but this is getting a bit deep for me, I think I am rambling on a bit,
( call it a senior moment ) asking the questions above is a bit naughty, but I would like to understand.

Evening mate,

Sounds like this is a subject you are quite passionate about. Tbh I'm not really sure what more I can say without feeling pushed into a corner where I have to explain my decisions. Sufficed to say I love my F - when I first bought her I thought she was the most gorgeous car in the world to me. If I wrote off Slave 1 today and had to go out and buy an "unmodified" F I'd still be ecstatic that I owned one. :)

My reasons for changing are probably best broken up into the following:

1) I enjoy the actual act of working on my F
2) I enjoy seeing the results of the work I have put in
3) I enjoy thinking that I have done something unique to my F
4) I enjoy the idea of exploring the possibilites of what can be done to my F

You have to try & see it from my perspective. In my personal opinion I am enhancing the appearance/performance of my F now you may not see it that way but that is what I believe. You may look at my car and think "hybrid" - I look at my car and think "well loved F." We have to remember that MG Rover themselves went out on a limb creating such a modern little sportscar - they pushed the boundaries and explored the alternatives - for me that is what makes the F what it is and it is why I still consider my car to be an F!

Hopefully you'll understand what I mean. Like I say I don't think I can ellaborate much more. :lol: But if you don't understand or agree then unfortunately there's nothing to say except keep loving your MG and I'll keep loving mine! :)
by kara

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds