I'm loving these...

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1606
Eagle, Just look at your sig, the "I wish" picture.

Are you telling me that if you could buy a kit to make your F look like that you wouldn't?

Everyone has an ideal car, or look in their head. They may love the F/TF, but it may not be exactly how they want it, so they customise it to suit. I am doing the same to mine.

It can't be that difficult to understand as there is a multi billion pound business in customising cars.

Some people think fitting different alloys is going too far, some people won't stop until their car is totally unique.

Just because you don't understand doesn't mean that you shouldn't have tolerance for others tastes.

I think that the difference in tastes, whether purist or controversial, is what makes the car world, and the F/TF world, the passionate place that it is.
by cjj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by eagle on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1633
Hi Kara / CJJ.
Rather ironic your reply CJJ because I think my baby actually looks like my signature Icon.

Anyhow since starting my rather serious ( for me ) reply`s I have been analysing my position and the feelings of others, and here are my thoughts.

The body design of the MGF an MGTF by MG are meant to have a certain similarity to older MG`s ( I can see a bit of the old MGA in mine ) Its a bit of a retro look. At my age nostalgia has no prescription cure so I indulge in it. Even my interior has an aged look, mahogany finish, black leather, Becker radio, even a dark BRG paint, all this was not intentional, just preferred.
However I need all the mechanicals to be as modern as possible and as reliable as possible, this rules out all the old stuff. Never going back to king pins !! So I have a foot in both camps and love my TF to bits.

Now I think that for the younger generation the look of an "F" or "TF " is an individual design not a concept, and as such can be modified without thought to the original concept. A point that I think I have problems with.

Now make no mistake I have no problems or hookups with peoples right to modify or update, its a good hobby etc etc. Its just for me a little upsetting. Well thats my problem and only my problem, don`t worry I can live with it.!!

So CJJ I have reply from Kara as to why she enjoys making modifications, are they the same for you?

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

by eagle

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic I'm loving these...

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #1642
Nobodies knocking you for your views mate. If it wasn't for enthusiasts like yourself then there probably wouldn't be original cars around. I can see the advantage in both.

Why do I modify?

I like to tweak to achieve a look that I like.

I obviously liked the look of the TF, but inevitably it is somebody elses design and therefore only ticks about 90% of the boxes. It is probably the arrogant git in me that thinks that I can improve on it. However, I realise that I am only "improving" it to my tastes and others may not agree. That is fine.

I also think it is the show off in me (and possibly others) that they like people to see there car and realise that work has gone into it. It is a statement of my tastes.

I think that my car now looks more aggressive and meaner than it did originally. I like that in a car.

by cjj

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds