MG Quiz

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39058
I suppose I can get a bollocking for getting it wrong (again) but at least I try !!! :P

SAIC is the common denominator - Owners of MG, joint venture partners with Volkswagon (Shangai Volkswagen Automotive), and GM (Shangai General Motors Corporation and SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile).

The first car is / was called the Phoenix first built in 1958 later changed to Shanghai Sedan - a Phoenix arising ??

The VW Santana (Passat) is considered unsafe by the Chinese so - A new Santana (Passat) for 2012

GM Corvette - a New Corvette for China ?

MG A new MG 5 for 2012

What more do you want - BLOOD

Pliss forflive ewwors as chinese intrpretration not good :bust:

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

Last Edit:12 years 8 months ago by Mr Forgetful
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Mr Forgetful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44
The topic has been locked.

Replied by Gadget2466 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39061
:lol: :lol:
Excellent, well done

Corvette was just the GM connection although knowing the Chinese they are already ripping one off with a slight name change.

To be released as the Korrfet

All yours Ted; Please be gentle with us.........

Gary.

[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Turned to the Darkside, K&N Apollo and extra bling fitted.52mm TB

The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Mr Forgetful

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39062
WOW - I thought that was just the tip of the Iceberg!!! Thanks Gary - Next thing we will be b******* for is hogging the Quiz!! :P

OK Girls and Guys the question is

Jason Foord was a Quality Engineer on this but study the photographs carefully - WHY would he have difficulty with Photo 1 and Photo 2

Photo1

Photo 2

Enjoy - this should be a quickie :broon:

Last Edit:12 years 8 months ago by Mr Forgetful
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Mr Forgetful.

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39064
Err,,

First quick look see:
Photo 1 Sunvisor Missing on Drivers side
Photo 2 - Handbrake lever position??? and Window winder, did the RV8 have 'leccy windows as std.

~Gary.

Last Edit:12 years 8 months ago by Gadget2466
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Gadget2466.

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39065
These are not the questions as such but look carefully and it may help with part of the answer. You will also need to research some history for the car in question B) Keep trying before all the "clever cloggs" turn up :broon:

The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Replied by Laz1957 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39067

Gadget2466 wrote: :lol: I'm too young for the Kinks Ted.

OMG - a youngster :omg:

do we allow young 'whipper snappers' on here? :lol:

I remember when I was a boy........ :coat:
by Laz1957

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39070

Laz1957 wrote:

Gadget2466 wrote: :lol: I'm too young for the Kinks Ted.

OMG - a youngster :omg:

do we allow young 'whipper snappers' on here? :lol:

I remember when I was a boy........ :coat:

Me too - I actually remember the Jowet Javelin in Shirley in 1953 - OMG that's when we moved to Cornwall and I saw the Coronation on television (when it was 6" x 6" screen in a huuuuuuuuuuuuge case we must have paid a fortune for it) - Those were the days - Dad's car a Standard Flying 14 I think?? I digress - please continue

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39071
Do you remember your 30's, I don't mean the 1930's, although you probably could remember those too....:lol: :lol:

I am officially becoming an old man in a couple of weeks time, 23rd will see me hit the FOUR ZERO.

I say officially as my wife says I have been 50 for years!!

Born in 1972, I have only known pounds and pence. Thripney bits are just slang for ...well you know what
My parent were only just Married when Mr Armstrong stepped onto the Moon
I was 5 at the Silver Jubilee (and won second prize in the Hat design competition)
Too Young to fight in the Falklands
Only had one Monarch reign
Couldn't legally drive until 1987
couldn't legally drink until 1990 (I say legally for a reason!)
First Single bought was The wombles,
First serious single bought was Imagine -John Lennon
Favourite Plane - Concord, Harrier Jump Jet

Does that make you all feel old??????

MG's are for everyone, they make you feel the same age no matter how old you are!!! :broon:

Last Edit:12 years 8 months ago by Gadget2466
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Gadget2466.
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39074
:-? Have I entered an alternate universe, this is the MG Quiz not the MG Memory Lane thread, come on you 'old' men, keep it together, concentrate, back to the Quiz. :lol:

First to your question Ted, very sneaky, but after all the research I did and then to be followed by the 'picky' picking Bryan did last time we had a RV8 question it was immediately obvious seeing your photos what was 'wrong'.

A little about Jason Foord first, in his own words;

I was Quality Engineer for the RV8 at Cowley for a while (which as a mature student on placement at Rover was a real privelage). Whilst most of the other placement students were photocopying documents and making cups of tea, I was allowed to use my prior experience as a Quality Engineer and put it to good use within the RV8 team. My project was to clear the backlog of quality related issues on the production line, especially supplier component issues - particularly as ramp-down / cessation was looming on the horizon.
At the end of my time with Rover my boss gave me a 24 hour pass with a demo RV8 and boy did I have some fun speeding about our little English lanes - one by one I had to take virtually everyone one in my local pub in Sussex for a spin!
I have also had a go in the original "Black Adder" which as one of the very early development cars ( a real 'beast' in all sense of the word!).
Here he is with his 'test drive' RV8..

Just out of interest I checked the car shown in the photo and it looks like it was in the country until 2006 but was then exported.

So what would Jason have difficulty with? The car you pictured,Photo 1, was not made by MG Rover, all the RV8's they made were RHD. The vast majority were shipped to Japan. The car pictured is the 1994 LHD conversion RV8 belonging to Scott Miller, which is believed to be unique. The Photo 2 is a bit of photo manipulation by Mr Forgetful, a mirror image of a standard RV8. You are becoming good with pictures now Ted :lol: you even pasted a correctly orientated MG badge to the steering wheel.

"Looking at Scott's MG RV8 you might think it was all factory-built, but it wasn't! Scott began his project in 2001 when he got in touch with an individual in the UK who was selling a set of OEM RV8 body panels. This individual had also commissioned Heritage to build a "one off" body-shell for use with these panels."

For more information see here

How's that?

Just a bit on the Shanghai Pheonix from Gary's question.
In September of 1958, Shanghai Auto Industry Corporation introduced the Phoenix, the first locally-built car. In 1964, its name was switched to "Shanghai Sedan." Oddly enough, in Shanghai, when a road sign features a pictogram of a car, many say it bears an uncanny resemblance to a head-on, simplified shot of a Phoenix

In 1986 Shanghai Auto asked Locomotors Limited of Andover (Hampshire) to design a single cab and a double cab pickup based on the Shanghai SH760. The pickups were named SH760C and SH760D.
Last Edit:12 years 8 months ago by PQD44
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by PQD44.

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39084
I too thought i had stumbled into an alternative world :slapme: and what happened to the standard MG QUIZ????? I need something to pick at :rant: but i cant because i dont understand the questions any more, they are getting more and more devious by the minute > and if "one" does not answer in a matter of milliseconds the "quiz police" are on the prowl. Gaget and Mr Forgetful seem to have a new language to converse in "converleese i think :coat:

Mind you some great questions have been set, and answered :woohoo: keep up the good work :yesnod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Mr Forgetful

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39090
Join the

I pass the Baton - I SAID PASS not :woohoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #39091