A bit gutted

• figo
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Going Topless

A bit gutted was created by figo

Posted 14 years 11 months ago #3312
A relative is selling her house and its one that would suit my needs down to a tee and a fantastic oppertunity to get onto the property market at a great price.

Only problem is though now those lovely mortgage folks are asking for a larger deposit than originally estimated...

:wavecry:

I'm now in a huge dilema as my only other asset of any real value is the Honda TF....

:sick2:

MG TF 135 135 Bhp

by figo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

Replied by gos on topic A bit gutted

Posted 14 years 11 months ago #3313

Figo;3312 wrote: A relative is selling her house and its one that would suit my needs down to a tee and a fantastic oppertunity to get onto the property market at a great price.

Only problem is though now those lovely mortgage folks are asking for a larger deposit than originally estimated...

:wavecry:

I'm now in a huge dilema as my only other asset of any real value is the Honda TF....

:sick2:

never thought I would say this mate but getting on the property ladder is much harder than buying a car, so I would sell, get on the ladder then look for another car.

I'm gutted for you mate but on the bright side as a home owner getting a loan for a car is a cinch, maybe a new le500 in a couple of years :)
by gos

• figo
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Going Topless

Replied by figo on topic A bit gutted

Posted 14 years 11 months ago #3315
I know.... That's the sad thing :/

*Sigh*

Such is life I guess

MG TF 135 135 Bhp

by figo

Replied by teri on topic A bit gutted

Posted 14 years 11 months ago #3322
Oh bugger mate, I wouldnt want to have to make that choice :(
Good luck whichever way you go with it..

Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David Aiketgate;17095 wrote: Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

by teri

Replied by alias on topic A bit gutted

Posted 14 years 11 months ago #3326
I know it sucks lots, but a house is going to be a far better option in the long run. :grouphug:
by alias

Replied by kara on topic A bit gutted

Posted 14 years 11 months ago #3330
Oh crap hun! After all the time & effort you've spent on the Honda TF that must be a heartbreaking decision to make. Still nothing beats quality of life and if this new house would give you that then you have to go for it. I suppose you could always sell the TF and pick up a cheap little F so that you can still stay in the family! If you can bear to upgrade from a TF to an F! :p

But seriously, please keep us updated and I hope you make the right choice. :grouphug:

Kara x
by kara

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic A bit gutted

Posted 14 years 11 months ago #3363
i think i'm the only nutter who would advise u to keep the TF :P lol but i'm not so much a petrol-head as a petrol-headcase :D

on saying that if your planning on putting the TF back to standard (which i guess you would as you'd get more pennys that way) i'd happy buy the V-TEC kit off you :) evan if i have to sell a kidney lol

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Replied by eagle on topic A bit gutted

Posted 14 years 11 months ago #3377
Have you tried to negotiate with your relative, to accept in say two or three years the value of your car. Drop the house price by that amount etc etc.
Could be worth a try.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

by eagle

• figo
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Going Topless

Replied by figo on topic A bit gutted

Posted 14 years 11 months ago #3463

Adam-MGTF;3363 wrote: i think i'm the only nutter who would advise u to keep the TF :P lol but i'm not so much a petrol-head as a petrol-headcase :D

on saying that if your planning on putting the TF back to standard (which i guess you would as you'd get more pennys that way) i'd happy buy the V-TEC kit off you :) evan if i have to sell a kidney lol

I think I lost enough blood doing the conversion :P and plus its ALL working perfecto now so certainly wont be doing a reversal :lol:

had a bit of a arrrggh poop moment with my driveshaft this week.. in that it was 20mm too long.. so its back downsouth at the moment as the guys at drivelink offered to fix it free of charge. :)

So this weekend the car is sitting still give me time to ponder!

MG TF 135 135 Bhp

by figo

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic A bit gutted

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #4092

Figo;3463 wrote: I think I lost enough blood doing the conversion :P and plus its ALL working perfecto now so certainly wont be doing a reversal :lol:

had a bit of a arrrggh poop moment with my driveshaft this week.. in that it was 20mm too long.. so its back downsouth at the moment as the guys at drivelink offered to fix it free of charge. :)

So this weekend the car is sitting still give me time to ponder!

in that case i'll swap my TF for yours... i'll evan throw in a kidney?? lol

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Time to create page: 0.685 seconds