I know George has a nice rear, but....

• birks
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Loves going topless!!!

I know George has a nice rear, but.... was created by birks

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3410
:rant:

this week I am sick & fed up of idiotic drivers tailgating me in dreadful weather conditions on the M6.
Other than the sensible option of moving over as soon as safe (often impossible for a few miles or so during rush hour) has any one got ANY ideas of how to deal with this??

I don't drive slowly ( :innocent: ) and I certainly don't hold up traffic

This practice REALLY annoys me :mad: and at times scares me silly :scared:

ALL suggestions welcome!

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

by birks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic I know George has a nice rear, but....

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3414

Birks;3410 wrote: :rant:

this week I am sick & fed up of idiotic drivers tailgating me in dreadful weather conditions on the M6.
Other than the sensible option of moving over as soon as safe (often impossible for a few miles or so during rush hour) has any one got ANY ideas of how to deal with this??

I don't drive slowly ( :innocent: ) and I certainly don't hold up traffic

This practice REALLY annoys me :mad: and at times scares me silly :scared:

ALL suggestions welcome!

Try tapping the brake pedal with your left foot. Just enough to light the brakelights. Do this at irregular intervals, keeping your foot on the pedal for variable periods.

I also tend to ease off gently and drive slower and slower until they get the message and go and bother someone else!

David
:shrug:

Replied by kara on topic I know George has a nice rear, but....

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3416
Urgh I couldn't agree more... for me the worst time is night time... it's like they don't want to be alone in the dark so they cling to your rear end and blind you with their headlights. For me, driving at night in the wet is one of the worst driving conditons so to have some ass on your rear end is just plain idiotic. What if I have to brake suddenly? It's not going to end well! I had to brake sharply the other night because I came round a bend & a tree had bent over into the road and the prat behind me nearly rear ended me! :mad:
by kara

• birks
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Loves going topless!!!

Replied by birks on topic I know George has a nice rear, but....

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3419

David Aiketgate;3414 wrote: Try tapping the brake pedal with your left foot. Just enough to light the brakelights. Do this at irregular intervals, keeping your foot on the pedal for variable periods.

I also tend to ease off gently and drive slower and slower until they get the message and go and bother someone else!

I'm always wary of flashing the brake lights in case they end up causing an accident (I believe it has happened, but may be an urban myth)

I quite enjoy just backing off gently- especially when I know they can't 'undertake' - it annoys them SO much!! :devilish:

by birks

• birks
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Loves going topless!!!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3421

Yves Adele Harlow;3416 wrote: Urgh I couldn't agree more... for me the worst time is night time... it's like they don't want to be alone in the dark so they cling to your rear end and blind you with their headlights. For me, driving at night in the wet is one of the worst driving conditons so to have some ass on your rear end is just plain idiotic. What if I have to brake suddenly? It's not going to end well! I had to brake sharply the other night because I came round a bend & a tree had bent over into the road and the prat behind me nearly rear ended me! :mad:

:exactly:

night time, wet, headlights... I had to brake sharpish just after the M6/M58 junction today and how the guy behind me missed my rear end I do not know :shake:

by birks

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic I know George has a nice rear, but....

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3422

Birks;3419 wrote: I'm always wary of flashing the brake lights in case they end up causing an accident (I believe it has happened, but may be an urban myth)

I quite enjoy just backing off gently- especially when I know they can't 'undertake' - it annoys them SO much!! :devilish:

I love Urban Myths!

Someone will always swear it happened to a mate of theirs.
I especially love the one about the guy who annoyed the staff in a Curry Restaurant!

There was a film on about Urban Myths the other night, wierdly it was called -
Urban Myth.

David
:shrug:

• birks
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Loves going topless!!!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3424

David Aiketgate;3422 wrote: I love Urban Myths!

Someone will always swear it happened to a mate of theirs.
I especially love the one about the guy who annoyed the staff in a Curry Restaurant!

There was a film on about Urban Myths the other night, wierdly it was called -
Urban Myth.

My fave is the one about the diver found in the middle of a forest fire...

by birks

Replied by kara on topic I know George has a nice rear, but....

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3425

Birks;3421 wrote: :exactly:

night time, wet, headlights... I had to brake sharpish just after the M6/M58 junction today and how the guy behind me missed my rear end I do not know :shake:

It happens all to often... you would think people would think about the dangers of tailgaiting in the wet but that's the problem with these people they have no forsight. :shake:
by kara

Replied by teri on topic I know George has a nice rear, but....

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3428
These people annoy the hell out of me.. In the daytime when they are doing that, I just knock it down a gear, it slows the car enough without them seeing the brake lights come on.. They soon slow down and leave me alone!!
At the end of the day, if they hit you up the rear end, they are in the wrong not you!!!!

Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David Aiketgate;17095 wrote: Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

by teri

Replied by jonnocash on topic I know George has a nice rear, but....

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3431
rather than breaking put the rear fogs on to imitate breaking has the same effect

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic I know George has a nice rear, but....

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3434

Birks;3424 wrote: My fave is the one about the diver found in the middle of a forest fire...

I swear that happened to a mate of mine.... :whistle:

Slow down. Most of all, try and ignore them. While you are stressing and focussing on them you aren't paying full attention to the cars in front. Yep, they might rear end you, but that is their problem and is far less risky than you not giving your full attention to what is in front of you.

Try not to use the lights trick as it can kill. A family died in Washington (Tyne&Wear) when in a road rage incident someone braked in front of them. They panicked, hit their brakes and lost control of the car. Wiped out a whole family.
by cjj

Replied by eagle on topic I know George has a nice rear, but....

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3462
This should make you laugh. I had a tailgater a couple of months back, I just ignore them. So he undertook me and pulled up behind the car in front. Who then flashed his pull over sign, he was an unmarked police car ! I nearly pulled over myself as I could not stop laughing.

Also had a frightening experience early this year. Coming up to a two into one lane change for road repairs, on the A19, two waggons in front, 400 yds marker just passed. Flash idiot in a BMW tried to pass all of us. Well he hit the bollards, swerved between the waggons, got T boned by the back waggon and pushed over the side Armco. His machine was a write off for sure. You should have listened to the comments passed to him by not just the drivers around but the police as well. He was going to get banned for sure.

Moral of both stories, let the idiots get on with it, justice will happen to that type eventually, but you might not see it.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

by eagle

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds