Adam's thread

Adam's thread was created by kara

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #4170
Hi everyone,

Just a note to those who read Adam Elphick's thread this morning.

When potentially controversial threads crop up like Adam's it's always a toughy to know the best way to approach them. On the one hand I agree that Adam's thread could have put off potential new members by involving them in something they have no wish to be involved in and therefore should it be just be deleted? However, by deleting the thread are we sending out a message that actually we are trying to control/silence peoples views and opinions (the very thing we are unhappy about .org doing all the time).

In this instance Adam was happy that the thread had served it's purpose so it was removed. To me, this is the best conclusion as this way the OP is satisfied that he's had a chance to air his views and we have had a chance to discuss them and by now removing the thread we are not dragging any new members into an uncomfortable territory.

The point of this thread which I shall lock instantly is to let our members know that everything is resolved to the satisfaction of the OP, the mod/admin team and I hope for everyone on here. Should anyone have something they wish to add please contact me via PM.

Have a nice day! :)

Kara
by kara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.995 seconds