Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Replied by adamelphick on topic Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4235

Gos;4189 wrote: well done Adam :clap:

here is one for you;

on the other forum I suggested business cards or a5 size flyers to give to interested F & TFers or even tuck one under the wiper of a nice mgf/tf you see every day in a car park.

it was pretty much ignored, soooo why not for the T bar instead?

obviously it will involve costs but I am pretty certain it would help to boost membership.

something simple like a business card with the web addy and perhaps saying presented by.........and a space for a user name.

a nice catchy line like "A friendly place for the MGF/TF community to meet & chat"

That's a jolly good idea..... we need to be able to give something out to prospective members... We definitely need stickers make up ASAP as well....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4236

CJJ;4215 wrote: Well done Adam.

I have an idea. Why don't you dress up like a chicken and hand out flyers in shopping centres. Might not work but would be worth a laugh. :)

Hmmm..... I've got a Fu Man Chu outfit somewhere in the loft - would that do? :p

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4237
Thanks to everyone who's welcomed me in this post... it should be an interesting New Year for The T-Bar.

I've got some links with a rather interesting guy in Spain who manufactures cool parts..... plus might be able to rope in some help from a graphic artist (she doesn't know yet!) from Mexico to help out with initial designs.

Downloadable flyers and cards may be the way to go to start with to keep costs down.

Also we need to get a 'stand' ready for shows etc... it just so happens I've been involved in designing and building these before:

Building and cutting alloy box section:

Finished Stand - I love it when a plan comes together!

Now I know it's a bit over the top for an MG show BUT my point is that we built this entire stand for less than £2k.... and we got complemented by a Government stand which cost £30k! You really don't need to spend a fortune to create a big effect.... In fact I have a HUGE tent which we haven't used for years. I've had 2 Minis parked in it at Castle Coombe in the past!

Replied by teri on topic Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4248
On another car forum we did the flyer thing. It did work rather well..
Love the idea of the stand for shows as well..

Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David Aiketgate;17095 wrote: Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

by teri

Replied by phil-hex on topic Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4260

Gos;4196 wrote: good idea Phil but that link just takes you to the vectra log in page :dunno:

sorry about that :frown:

The Jester;4210 wrote: good luck Adam......

and as for the idea of cards im up for this....needs someone to design the card so we all have the same to pass round....simple print off then

anyway you've got the idea :yesnod::yesnod:

just a word of warning, if you use an inkjet printer the ink will run if it gets wet........ maybe not the best way to invite new members! so just pop it in a bag

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4273
Or laminate them.
by cjj

Replied by kara on topic Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4274

phil-hex;4260 wrote: sorry about that :frown:

anyway you've got the idea :yesnod::yesnod:

just a word of warning, if you use an inkjet printer the ink will run if it gets wet........ maybe not the best way to invite new members! so just pop it in a bag

Ah yes good point to remember... doesn't look to good if someone gets a runny note with a website address on... could be quite ominous. :err:

CJJ;4273 wrote: Or laminate them.

CJJ who on earth is going to have a laminating machine in their house? :dunno:
by kara

Replied by the jester on topic Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4275
your being rather pescimistic of our beautiful english weather arent you phil?.......(he says after just walking back from shop resembling something rather wet and soggy!....)...:whistle:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4276

Yves Adele Harlow;4274 wrote: CJJ who on earth is going to have a laminating machine in their house? :dunno:

Errr. That would be me then. :)

You can get them for £9.99 from Asda or Staples. Great for protecting photos that you have printed out.
by cjj

Replied by fast jan on topic Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4284

Yves Adele Harlow;4274 wrote: CJJ who on earth is going to have a laminating machine in their house? :dunno:

I've got one, I think it cost me about £15 a couple of years ago. As CJJ says handy for protecting photos and certificates etc :yesnod:

Replied by kara on topic Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4291

CJJ;4276 wrote: Errr. That would be me then. :)

You can get them for £9.99 from Asda or Staples. Great for protecting photos that you have printed out.

:skeptical: Touche mon amis.

Fast Jan;4284 wrote: I've got one, I think it cost me about £15 a couple of years ago. As CJJ says handy for protecting photos and certificates etc :yesnod:

Hmm... is Santa going to look at me funny if I ask him for a laminating machine though? :dunno:
by kara

Replied by fast jan on topic Please join me in welcoming our new PR guy!

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4293

Yves Adele Harlow;4291 wrote: Hmm... is Santa going to look at me funny if I ask him for a laminating machine though? :dunno:

Oh I can't believe you're sooooo lucky... I never get to actually see santa :whistle:

I'm sure santa won't be surprised by a request for a laminator in the slightest ;)

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds