Lpg

Lpg was created by frankm83

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8364
Can you convert a Tf to LPG? :)

and would this decrease emissions?

FM :rolleyes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by andycolm on topic Lpg

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8371
You can, it will have less emmissions too. The problem is where to put the LPG tank, the only places I can think are in the boot or under bonnet. Both of these locations are part of the safety crumple zones though, maybe not a good idea to have a pressurised tank of explosive gas in there.

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Lpg

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8372
I remember seeing an LPG tank in the shape of a spare wheel and it goes in the spare wheel space under the bonnet.
by cjj

Replied by adamelphick on topic Lpg

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8378
You have to remember that an LPG tank is MUCH stronger than a standard fuel tank..... even in a crash it is unlikely to get damaged unless the crash is very bad indeed.

Replied by andrewr on topic Lpg

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8397
If put in the front, how about the extra weight. You have to make sure the valves are hardened enought to cope with the LPG and also you would need to run petrol to help with the lead effect the engine needs. You also get less mpg, but you would need to do about 30000miles a year to get the savings after you have paid the extra to have the car converted.
by andrewr

Replied by frankm83 on topic Lpg

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8399
well first thing I have to check how much the emissions will go down, as the idea to lower emissions is to save on my road tax!! I pay 416 Euros a year!! and will keep rising 50Euros a year!! If I can half at least that road tax that would be enough!

Replied by adamelphick on topic Lpg

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8403
I wish we saved here in UK! My Range Rover has been LPG since it was new and taken to Malaysia - now I have it back in UK the stupid Government doesn't recognise it as 'dual fuel'(Even though it is!) as it is not on some stupid register!

So I help the environment but the Government doesn't give me any pay back for that although they'll happily give discounts on road tax and congestion charge to tiny little dual fuel cars and American piles of crap!

GGRRRR

Mind you the knock on effect is that he has now done more than 150K and the engine is sweet as a nut still... so there are benefits to longevity too.

Replied by swerving on topic Lpg

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8404

AndrewR;8397 wrote: but you would need to do about 30000miles a year to get the savings after you have paid the extra to have the car converted.

Frank I can't imagine you doing that sort of mileage!

How is the weather over there? We are visiting Gozo in May so hopefully it'll be warmer by then

Peter

Older but certainly not wiser!

Replied by frankm83 on topic Lpg

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8412
In May you'll see me running topless in the MG again :D well weather is absolutly fine!! Ok we had soem rain this week, nothing serious tho but it's making me feel what a waste the hard top was!!! :)

about mileage I wont be doing that mileage for sure but as said I'd do it to save on road tax!!

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic Lpg

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8427
am i completely wrong or isn't their some bhp gains to using LPG? and i seem to recall i makes running NOS safer due to lower burning point.... or something

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds