Anyone got any spare cash....

• cjj
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by kara on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8385
:yikes: £3250? Can't I just buy an Elise for that price! :lol:
by kara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by gotenks1321 on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8392

Kara;8385 wrote: :yikes: £3250? Can't I just buy an Elise for that price! :lol:

:lol: You could but not with that kind of power :dc:

Replied by andrewr on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8398
For a few grand more you could by a Cup F/TF all ready to go.
by andrewr

Replied by MG_Roadster on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8400
What sort of power would that give you? Not that I have the money of course but was wondering what sort of gains the £3250 would give you.

• cjj
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8401
I would expect around 180 - 200 bhp, but it is strange that they haven't put even an estimated output.
by cjj

Replied by the jester on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8408

mg_roadster;8400 wrote: What sort of power would that give you? Not that I have the money of course but was wondering what sort of gains the £3250 would give you.

id have said it would save you quite a bit of weight once you'd emptied your wallet!....:whistle:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

Replied by MG_Roadster on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8410

CJJ;8401 wrote: I would expect around 180 - 200 bhp, but it is strange that they haven't put even an estimated output.

Hardly seems worth it when you can get a 160 for about £750 ish would hope for over 200BHP for the money does seem strange that no figures are given I for one wouldnt part with 160 trophy money for an un tested Engine.

The Jester;8408 wrote: id have said it would save you quite a bit of weight once you'd emptied your wallet!....:whistle:

I make you right my wallet would be seriously lighter after buyin that. I hope someone doesn't get sucked in buy it all seems a bit didgy to me

• cjj
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8418

mg_roadster;8410 wrote: Hardly seems worth it when you can get a 160 for about £750 ish would hope for over 200BHP for the money does seem strange that no figures are given I for one wouldnt part with 160 trophy money for an un tested Engine.

To be honest it would be worth it just for the bits used. Price them up seperately if you don't believe me. :)
by cjj

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8430

CJJ;8418 wrote: To be honest it would be worth it just for the bits used. Price them up seperately if you don't believe me. :)

true but shiny engine parts are just shiny engine parts unless they blow the world away once its fired up... £3000+ is a bit insane really... a Honda K20a engine would be around 2, 2 and a half and thats 200+bhp as standard :dunno:

i'd be interested to know why so much time and money has been spent on a half complete engine thats now for sale?

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Replied by stamford on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8444
That is alot of money, but then if you were to look at the QED menu you would see why! I would expect there to be in excess of 200bhp for that money and for something that is probably a risk buy as it has not been run at all. Then you would be looking to modify the loom and remove the ecu and immobiliser if keeping carbs. Would be nice to hear twin DCOE's again! I miss the twin 48's I ran on my HSX Chevette!

2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic Anyone got any spare cash....

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8452

stamford;8444 wrote: Would be nice to hear twin DCOE's again! I miss the twin 48's I ran on my HSX Chevette!

used to have twin webbers on my 1275 engined mini, coupled to a straight through exhaust i fashioned out of 2" scaffy tube and you can imagine the grin it put on my face :D

was very civilized when cruising, i remember being on my way to college and sat at the zebra crossing outside the school near me, a few chavs laughed at me in my little mini... one blip of the throttle and they looked quite impressed lol - philistines

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds