SOLD: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

SOLD: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box was created by Fatbaldingoldgit

Posted 10 years 5 months ago #142680
I've just removed this from my TF after 6 months and 1,000 miles..as such it's in good condition..anyone interested please PM me...

"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Last Edit:10 years 4 months ago by Fatbaldingoldgit
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Fatbaldingoldgit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Diesel Destroyer on topic SALE AGREED: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #142735
What's going on instead David?

Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Replied by Fatbaldingoldgit on topic SALE AGREED: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #142742
Thought I'd try the next most favourite exhaust mentioned on the forums....the Daytona..I'm working my way through the list..

"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Replied by Blow-in on topic SALE AGREED: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #142744
I live in a near vacuum up here so all these exhausts are just names to me rather than sounds. I've got the MGOC Super Sports exhaust fitted which I like but I've nothing to compare it with...has anyone else heard one who can comment?

Richard

1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

by Blow-in

Replied by Badger on topic SALE AGREED: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #142761
I was looking at the TT exhaust is but It looks a bit like homemade, the welding looks good but I would question the design of the pipe work as it must create a venturi effect at the point where the single pipe splits into two, the right hand box will take most of the flow because of the angled bias of the feed pipe. With that in mind there is a good chance that the left hand box will be drawing air in at the tail pipe on low flow conditions due to the pipe work set up, also there are no witness marks on the silencer boxes where baffles should have been welded on the inside, what are the noise levels like?

I have just bought a second hand Toyosport stainless exhaust, they are probably the cheapest stainless exhaust you can get for the TF and there is an issue with the hangers (a pad has to be welded at the support arm) but I am hoping it’s not too loud; if it is then it will be up for resale.
by Badger

Replied by John and Sue on topic SALE AGREED: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #142774
I fitted a Mk 7 a couple of years back, as the OEM box was rusting. The build looks far better in the metal it may be worth noting. They are a Marmite system: we love ours, but each to their own.

They are famed for the sucky-blowy effect, but I think the cruising note is sublime. Heel and toe down change blips raise a smile too, as does over-run burble.

It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Replied by Diesel Destroyer on topic SALE AGREED: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #142778

Badger wrote: I was looking at the TT exhaust is but It looks a bit like homemade, the welding looks good but I would question the design of the pipe work as it must create a venturi effect at the point where the single pipe splits into two, the right hand box will take most of the flow because of the angled bias of the feed pipe. With that in mind there is a good chance that the left hand box will be drawing air in at the tail pipe on low flow conditions due to the pipe work set up, also there are no witness marks on the silencer boxes where baffles should have been welded on the inside, what are the noise levels like?

I have just bought a second hand Toyosport stainless exhaust, they are probably the cheapest stainless exhaust you can get for the TF and there is an issue with the hangers (a pad has to be welded at the support arm) but I am hoping it’s not too loud; if it is then it will be up for resale.

Made in China.. And shipped over here then sold.. Its a copy of a Lotus exhaust which costs a lot more..

The later 7's had a fix.. Which I'm told consists of a washer welded inside to restrict the flow to the RH pipe

My 7 has done less than a thousand miles and isn't going back on my car

I'm going to MIJ for a truly British built back box with variable volume.. Quiet for long distances.. Loud for B roads

Replied by John and Sue on topic SALE AGREED: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #142779
I have to add that the TT motorway cruising note is not obtrusive.
Then again, we're both in our late fifties....... 'Turn the telly up Ginger....'

It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Replied by Fatbaldingoldgit on topic SALE AGREED: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #142796
It wasn't so much the volume that was an issue for Amanda as the tone.....and only at idle...obviously I spent too much time sitting in traffic!...motorway cruising was fine..

- Frank Zappa

Last Edit:10 years 4 months ago by Fatbaldingoldgit
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Fatbaldingoldgit.

Replied by Baytown on topic Re:SOLD: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #142825
My TT which I bought last year from the UK was made in China?
Bugger, now Im not as enamoured with it. I thought it was British made and If I knew that they were Chinese I would have gone Daytona as well.
That will explain the less than spot on alignment of the left pipe. Thats one well travelled exhaust: China, UK, Oz.
It does have a lovely over run especially with my ECU upgraded tune and built in burble.

Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Last Edit:10 years 4 months ago by Baytown
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Baytown.

Replied by Badger on topic SALE AGREED: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #143029

Badger wrote: I was looking at the TT exhaust is but It looks a bit like homemade, the welding looks good but I would question the design of the pipe work as it must create a venturi effect at the point where the single pipe splits into two, the right hand box will take most of the flow because of the angled bias of the feed pipe. With that in mind there is a good chance that the left hand box will be drawing air in at the tail pipe on low flow conditions due to the pipe work set up, also there are no witness marks on the silencer boxes where baffles should have been welded on the inside, what are the noise levels like?

Fitted the s/hand Toyosport back box yesterday; not so simple as the heat shield has to be cut to accommodate the hanging brackets, they fit from the other side (bracket arms point outwards) and a bit of faffing around bending the arms to get the pipes concentric with the holes in the bumper; but job done.

It's only obviously louder than the original but not too offensive, when driving at light throttle openings the noise is just a tad louder and deeper but will be acceptable on a long run, the noise starts to increase when in sport mode or manual shift when you take it above 4K but very happy with the outcome for 60 quid.

Brian.

by Badger
Attachments:

Replied by Diesel Destroyer on topic SOLD: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #143033
Thats only what I 'hear' Ken..

I had TT MK7 version1 number 4..

Less than impressed with how it sat.. advised to heat up the mount and bend it.. I suggested the seller do this if I took it to his house..

Sorry not a service we offer..

Thanks..

When the one pipe only thing was highlighted the seller kindly offered to sell me another new exhaust that had now cured the probolem.. thanks.. but no thanks..

My new exhaust will be 110% made in the UK as ill be watching them make it from scratch.. MIJ are making it

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds