SOLD: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Replied by Diesel Destroyer on topic SOLD: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #143035
Apparently Im too fussy :-?

Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Baytown on topic Re:SOLD: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #143043
Thanks for the info Allan.
There you go, the Mk7's must have all had the same problem. I can live with it but it is noticeable. Yep, the left pipe is out of whack a smidgin.
Big issue here is the usual. MGTF stuff is unobtanium.
Best wishes fellas.
Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
by Baytown

Replied by Badger on topic SOLD: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #143047

Diesel Destroyer wrote: Thats only what I 'hear' Ken..

I had TT MK7 version1 number 4..

Less than impressed with how it sat.. advised to heat up the mount and bend it.. I suggested the seller do this if I took it to his house..

Sorry not a service we offer..

Thanks..

When the one pipe only thing was highlighted the seller kindly offered to sell me another new exhaust that had now cured the probolem.. thanks.. but no thanks..

My new exhaust will be 110% made in the UK as ill be watching them make it from scratch.. MIJ are making it

That system looks so Heath Robinson to have been derived from a Lotus design.

If the inlets to the boxes were placed as far forward as possible (towards the front of the car) then it would allow the mandrel bend to come in at the Y connection at 90 degrees, this would give a balanced unrestricted flow feed to each box, Then weld the outlet for the tail pipes as far to the rear as possible and weld in one deflection baffle in each box; midway covering 50% of the chamber on the forward half so the sound waves have to bounce off a few faces absorbing energy and reducing noise but still give full unrestricted flow of the gasses. That would work for me and in terms of extra production costs, not a lot.

Also if the diffusers were a separate fitment you could adjust the tailpipe lengths to suite whatever, obviously this would increase production costs.

On a plus side at least the hanging brackets are the right way round so no issue with the heat shield.

by Badger

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic SOLD: TT MK 7 sports exhaust back box

Posted 10 years 4 months ago #143055
It's a copy of the Larini exhaust for Lotus

David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds