2000 'X' MGF 1.8i SILVER - MOT 02/2015 - £350 !!

2000 'X' MGF 1.8i SILVER - MOT 02/2015 - £350 !! was created by richc

Posted 10 years 1 month ago #148154

Hi all,

I bought this car about 2 months ago with the intentions of tidying it up to use over the summer. In reality, I have neither the time or funds to do this. I already have a ford puma and a vw lupo, both of which could do with some loving so I've decided to sell the F and use the money to lavish my puma with a new exhaust system.

This is the third F I've owned so I know them reasonably well. This one does need some cosmetic tidying, but mechanically it seems fine, hasn't skipped a beat in the few hundred miles I've put on it. There is no service history with the car so my intention was to do all the basics, oil, filters, plugs, cambelt etc but as stated, I haven't had time so I would suggest this is done soon and the price reflects this.

In terms of cosmetics, the leather seats are really nice and tidy, the roof is also good and clean, including the rear screen. The bodywork has a few little rust scabs in the usual F places. There is also a small ding on the rear corner which I've photographed. The rear offside wing seems to have lost it's shine, you only notice it in certain lights more than others (and it still looks presentable as you can see in the photos) but up close it almost looks like someone has washed it with a scouring pad or something. It's just matted, not sure how/why. Other than that, it's just usual little scuffs and dings etc you would expect of any car this age.

The car has run out of tax (end of July) but has MOT until February 2015.

Taking into account all the above I am only asking £350 for the car, as I need it sold asap for the aforementioned reasons.

The car is located in Cardiff. Viewing is welcome and if you have any questions please ask.

Thanks,

Richard.

If you prefer to call/text my number is 07805 941810.

Last Edit:10 years 1 month ago by richc
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by David Aiketgate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Forrester on topic 2000 'X' MGF 1.8i SILVER - MOT 02/2015 - £350 !!

Posted 10 years 1 month ago #148207
Looks a fair price for somebody prepared to do some work on it.
Pity there is no history, which would be a big help, but the seats & wheels would give you a good return on their own.

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis

Replied by Bertl on topic 2000 'X' MGF 1.8i SILVER - MOT 02/2015 - £350 !!

Posted 10 years 1 month ago #148211
would love to renovate it - but our lovely government asks for another €600.00 registration tax... :rant:

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

by Bertl

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds