Breaking 1999 MGF nightfire red

Replied by adamelphick on topic Breaking 1999 MGF nightfire red

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #154977
Thanks for uploading pics - fingers crossed someone wants to take her on - she looks pretty good and Nightfire is a great colour when it's polished.

Could you give a bit of info for the crowd about how bad the HG went? Did it fry and overheat, burst a pipe etc? Makes a difference to the ability to salvage the engine itself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ado1379 on topic Breaking 1999 MGF nightfire red

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #154985
Well I'm not so sure if it has a problem with the HG, like I said my knowledge of this engine isn't that great. The last few times I drove it the oil would sit pretty high on the gauge. My first plan was to change the coolant as it needs doing but I never got round to it, then when I got back from tour I just bought a new car. So I don't really know :/
by ado1379

Replied by adamelphick on topic Breaking 1999 MGF nightfire red

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #154990
OK that's a good starter for someone thining about rescuing it... if it hasn't boiled over then the K Series is usually rescuable, and often even if it has it can be sorted.

So come on T-Bar'ers - anyone interested?

Replied by ado1379 on topic Breaking 1999 MGF nightfire red

Posted 9 years 8 months ago #155005
Yeah Im pretty sure it hasn't boiled over.
The engine itself has done around 80,000 miles and the cam belt, water pump, track rod ends and ball joints were all changed last year. I'm planning on getting it running this weekend and going from there!

It's obviously got no mot/tax. The alloys are in good nick but rear passengers wheel has a slow puncture and might need a new tyre. Comes with spear wheel. Could do with new rear screen on the folding roof. It's pretty solid rust wise and the interior doesnt need much work either, although there may be a huge spider in there (that comes free with the car) if any one needs any specific pictures then let me know I'll try my best :)
Last Edit:9 years 8 months ago by ado1379
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by ado1379.

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds