Wanted - MGTF

Wanted - MGTF was created by Coli

Posted 1 month 4 days ago #207971
Wanted - an MGTF sportscar. Original car preferred even if in need of some work. Happy to consider a car which has been laid-up and needs recommissioning as a project. I am not looking for a car to break-up for spares. I am a private buyer and I live on Merseyside.  Tel: 07847 506 311
by Coli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Notanumber on topic Wanted - MGTF

Posted 1 month 4 days ago #207974
Because F and TF values havent shot up yet in the way some other classic cars have it's still the case that many cars that need a bit of tidying and work still come up on Ebay and the like for fairly low money. If you have been reading through some of the posts here you'll probably know that several of the current regulars have come by our cars in this way and have enjoyed the fruits of improving them.

There is a common misconception amongst some that anything with a K series engine is irremediably shagged in the event of head gasket failure - which couldn't be further from the truth. Thankfully most now have had their head gaskets replaced by the better one but if you can find an otherwise good and cared for car with gasket failure owned by someone not very hands on and technical then its practical to bag a decent bargain and do the work yourself for very little money. There's lots of guidance on here about the job, check the how To guides and the Search function.
The bodies stand up pretty well to the years compared to many cars & there are plenty of good 2nd hand panels and parts about

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Replied by judiths handyman on topic Wanted - MGTF

Posted 1 month 3 days ago #207984
There is an MG TF owners sales facebook page that has cars for sale on a very regular basis. 
Also, the MG owners club website has what may be termed slightly more upmarket models and the MG Car club website.
Then there are various dealers out there, Trophy Cars etc that all have websites.
The benefit of the latter is they replace the head gasket, water pump and cambelt as a matter of form, however with a good service history buying privately can be good value.
Lots of choice depending on your budget and as a newcomer to the marque I can say they are great reliable fun, when the generic and well publicised potential issues are sorted.

Posted 4 weeks 1 day ago #208036
Have you been to view any TFs as yet Coli ? Theres always lots of help and advice on here

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Replied by AlanR on topic Wanted - MGTF

Posted 4 weeks 8 hours ago #208066

Wanted - an MGTF sportscar. Original car preferred even if in need of some work. Happy to consider a car which has been laid-up and needs recommissioning as a project. I am not looking for a car to break-up for spares. I am a private buyer and I live on Merseyside.  Tel: 07847 506 311

Hi,

Just spotted this. I have an 2002 plate Black (Anthracite?) MGTF VVC 160 with just over 50000 miles that needs a good home for free, but it will need to be transported as it currently has a suspected head gasket failure. It has a current MOT, valid until 04 Oct 24. Bodywork needs some work. The car is entirely original.

The car has served me faithfully since I bought it new in 2002, but has unfortunately been neglected in the past few years since I retired. I would be very pleased to give it to someone who could bring the old girl back to life. Based in Hereford.

Regards
Alan.

Last Edit:4 weeks 6 hours ago by AlanR
Last edit: 4 weeks 6 hours ago by AlanR.

Replied by R40MGF on topic Wanted - MGTF

Posted 3 weeks 6 days ago #208079
Hi Alan,  I would be very interested in this if it's still available. 
by R40MGF
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanR

Replied by AlanR on topic Wanted - MGTF

Posted 3 weeks 6 days ago #208080
Hi,

Yes, still available. You are the first to show any interest, so thanks for that. Would you like to take it to message or exchange phone numbers to talk it through?

Regards
Alan.
by AlanR
The following user(s) said Thank You: R40MGF

Replied by R40MGF on topic Wanted - MGTF

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago #208091
Thanks Alan, I have just sent you a message 👍 

by R40MGF

Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago #208211
Please give me a shout Alan as a backstop in case R40MGF doesnt have an interest following discussions.

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds