TF windscreen/door seal wanted.

TF windscreen/door seal wanted. was created by Jane0920

Posted 5 days 20 hours ago #208830
I have a small leak where the window meets the corner top of the windscreen/roof. It looks like the rubber has squashed down and not covering the gap. I am looking to replace the rubber to see if this helps.
Last Edit:5 days 18 hours ago by Jane0920
Last edit: 5 days 18 hours ago by Cobber.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Cobber on topic TF windscreen/door seal wanted.

Posted 5 days 18 hours ago #208832
1st welcome aboard.
Of course the seals may be buggered as you suspect. But there are other possiblities.
Now it's a bit hard to see what you mean in the pic, but I assume the gray plastic bit in the pic is the latch  that closes the roof against the windscreen frame.
I could be that the latch needs adjusting to pull the roof closed tighter, in order to make a better seal.
Here is a link to a thread on the subject:
https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/9-mgf-tf-pitstop/98567-soft-top-front-latches

The other possibility is that the door window isn't sealing properly, correcting this is a little more involved, before we go into that, first lets make sure that it is the problem.
You will need a glamorous assistant to help you with this.........you sit in the car with the roof up preferably with your camera at the ready to document the evidence for posterity.
Whist the aforementioned glamorous assistant uses the hose to spray water at and around the problem zone, this should show exactly where the problem is.
once done please report back for further instructions.

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last Edit:5 days 18 hours ago by Cobber
Last edit: 5 days 18 hours ago by Cobber.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds