MG TF GT

Replied by Jack of Hearts on topic MG TF GT

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #93399
Is there any pics of the interior?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Mal7921 on topic MG TF GT

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #93403

Jack of Hearts wrote: Is there any pics of the interior?

There probably are, though I've not managed to find any as yet. From what I've gathered when the car was initially shown the interior was not 'finished' though it was complete wheat was shown in 2005 shows before rovers demise.

I'll do some more digging later and see what I can find
by Mal7921
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack of Hearts

Replied by andy1970h on topic MG TF GT

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #93498
I just really want the door mirrors with the integrated indicators so removing the need for the repeaters on the front wings.

Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #93500

andy1970h wrote: I just really want the door mirrors with the integrated indicators so removing the need for the repeaters on the front wings.

Diesel Destroyer was looking into doing something similar, don't know how far he has got with it, though that may have been just for the replacement of the door handles.

In the meantime folks, I did this

It's a crossfade of an MG TF with a hard top and a drawing of the MG TF GT to get an idea of the differences.

If doing a hardtop in a similar style, there are 2 main issues, these are:

1 - The side windows behind the door glass are located where the clamps would be
2 - The buttresses do over the aerial, so they would either need shortening or a replacement aerial and some filling of the hole would be needed.

So, what to do next...
by Mal7921
Attachments:

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #93504
Ok, so while my wife (Still smile when I say that :)) is watching her chick flick, I'm on the PowerBook playing with Photochop.

Here is the result:

Bringing the buttresses just short of the aerial works quite well. As a design point for colours other than black, the area where the window would be should remain back... or carbon fiber effect...

I've left the original lines of the TF GT just visible so a comparison can be drawn.
Last Edit:11 years 9 months ago by Mal7921
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Mal7921.

Time to create page: 0.920 seconds