Cantrail Tensioning Cables on roof - adjustment

Cantrail Tensioning Cables on roof - adjustment was created by quick_spider

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #92673
I want to adjust my roof - it's very tight and doesn't make a good seal on the top of the windscreen. I can tighten the catches to pull it down, but the tensioning cables are already very tight, so I want to slacken them off slightly first.

Following dieters guide (which is scanned MGR documents) it says there's an adjustment screw:

I just can't figure out where the hell it is as I've no frame of reference for the picture. Can anyone point me in the right direction?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Cantrail Tensioning Cables on roof - adjustment

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #92682
It is easier to find if you have the roof at half-mast. When the roof is up the adjuster is effectively hidden behind the frame.

It is situated in the top corner directly behind where the top rea corner of the window sits.

David
:shrug:

The following user(s) said Thank You: quick_spider

Replied by quick_spider on topic Cantrail Tensioning Cables on roof - adjustment

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #92685
Thanks. Will have a play with it tomorrow!

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Cantrail Tensioning Cables on roof - adjustment

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #92703
Here are some pics.

It's not that clear, but it is just a stub on the hinge part that has a hole through it for the cable and a threaded hole at 90 degrees so that a bolt clamps down on the cable.

The bolt does not normally clamp onto the cable directly as there is a ferule that sits in the adjuster but is crushed so is difficult to re use.

I improvised with an aluminium rivet
Last Edit:11 years 9 months ago by cjj
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by cjj.

Replied by quick_spider on topic Cantrail Tensioning Cables on roof - adjustment

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #92723
I'll see if the cables are a similar diameter to bike cables as ferrules are easily available for peanuts at bike shops.

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds