New Carpets

New Carpets was created by Tigger

Posted 13 years 6 months ago #21537
Bought the new carpet set at the MG spares show last weekend and following the leak decided to change the if not cheap then certainly nasty under carpet felt, for something that didn't hold eight times its weight in water. :shrug:

Got the foam from Tom Abraham who had a stall at the show. 2 sheets 10mm and 1 15mm ( if doing it again would use 1 sheet 20mm and 1 15mm with an off cut of 10mm for the bit behind the seats.)

So this weekend, removed seats, T-bar, arm rest, alarm sensor and the bit the arm rest fits onto. Then removed the carpets and all the insulation (used this as templates for the foam).

Put 20mm on the bulkhead behind the seats although would use 15mm if doing it again. Sandwiched the 10mm & 15mm sheets to make 25mm for the footwell, but max that will fit on the floor behind the seats is 10mm

was going to replace the insulation at the front as well until i realised that the pedal box was bolted on top of it :shrug:

Fitted carpet, but haven't yet trimmed it off - letting it settle for a week or so.

finished job :woohoo:

the TF is slowly getting the way i want it - only downside is i'm running out of things i want to do. :lol:

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Last Edit:13 years 6 months ago by Tigger
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by David Aiketgate. Reason: fix pics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by rayb on topic Re: New Carpets

Posted 13 years 6 months ago #21538
looks absolutely stunning mate, i bet you will have your work cut out keeping in clean in our climate id make sure slippers only well done :lol: :lol:

[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Last Edit:13 years 6 months ago by rayb
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by adamelphick.

Replied by Tigger on topic Re: New Carpets

Posted 13 years 6 months ago #21539

rayb wrote: looks absolutely stunning mate, i bet you will have your work cut out keeping in clean in our climate id make sure slippers only well done :lol: :lol:

getting a supply of those suits and overshoes that scenes of crime officers wear - oh hang on that's nothing to do with keeping the carpet clean! :lol:

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

by Tigger

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Re: New Carpets

Posted 13 years 6 months ago #21542

That looks the Mutt's nuts!:yesnod:

David
:shrug:

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Re: New Carpets

Posted 13 years 6 months ago #21543

Tigger wrote: the TF is slowly getting the way i want it - only downside is i'm running out of things i want to do. :lol:

That's just a lack of imagination. :)

How about the seats? ;)

by cjj

Replied by adamelphick on topic Re: New Carpets

Posted 13 years 6 months ago #21557
I agree, I changed Meg's to CREAM several years ago. Looks stunning but is an absolute bugger to keep clean! Ended up cutting some of that carpet protection clear runner stuff into 'footwell over mats' and having that clipped using rover mat clips to the top of the mats.. works a treat.

(You can just about see one in the mess below!)

Last Edit:13 years 6 months ago by adamelphick
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by adamelphick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tigger

Posted 13 years 6 months ago #21579

adamelphick wrote: I agree, I changed Meg's to CREAM several years ago. Looks stunning but is an absolute bugger to keep clean! Ended up cutting some of that carpet protection clear runner stuff into 'footwell over mats' and having that clipped using rover mat clips to the top of the mats.. works a treat.

(You can just about see one in the mess below!)

thanks for that - will have to do something similar as drivers mat is marked already.

by Tigger

Posted 13 years 6 months ago #21580

cjj wrote:

Tigger wrote: the TF is slowly getting the way i want it - only downside is i'm running out of things i want to do. :lol:

That's just a lack of imagination. :)

How about the seats? ;)

Aaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Sorry that was my wallet running out the door :lol:

Nice seats - where did you see them Clive?

by Tigger

Replied by Ned on topic Re: New Carpets

Posted 13 years 6 months ago #21583
Interior looks really great. Can't wait to finish the outside/engine bits and get started on the inside.
by Ned

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds