New Rear Tyres for Stealthbat

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic New Rear Tyres for Stealthbat

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #2772
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your kind words of support, it was a close call Toyo -v- Lassa, everybody seems to go for Toyo but I'm very impressed with the build of the Lassa and the association with Bridgestone - so fingers crossed and here goes! (gulp!),

I will keep you all informed!

Cheers!

Richard

P.S I know I haven't posted piccy's of "the bat" yet - she's currently sitting in my garage with her interior ripped out, new (refurbished) full cream leather interior, (seats, cards, sterring wheel, gaiters, etc to go in & MOT due on 3rd December), I've also got to get o/s engine/gear box mountings sorted out & hard top (Heritage on 1996 P) aligned properly! Oh yes - she's also waiting to be waxoyl'd once I've fixed the foglights, (new o/s lense, "old style" & new surrounds, both sides!) - just a few jobs! - Pictures will follow - I promise!!!!
by a Guest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic New Rear Tyres for Stealthbat

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #2777
Lassa are a budget tyre.

That review sounds fantastic, but I bet it was written by the manufacturer.

I had them fitted to my Vectra when I bought it. I also have them fitted to my Kangoo. They handled badly on the Vectra, they are OK on the van, but even then are not very good in the wet and they don't inspire confidence, not a problem as the van is no mid engined sports car.

They are a harder tyre, give more road noise, are acceptable in the dry but feel very unpredictable in the wet.

As a budget tyre for my van, I can't fault them for the price.

As a tyre for the MGF/TF? I would not go near them.

If you do go for them, I would suggest you take it very easy around wet roundabouts etc and don't carry out any hard braking.
by cjj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds