How do you add profile pictures?

How do you add profile pictures? was created by general lee

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #3129
Hi, I see that some people show a picture of themselves, please can you advise me how I go about adding my picture?

Thank you

The General:o:o:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by yamahapaul on topic How do you add profile pictures?

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #3130

General Lee;3129 wrote: Hi, I see that some people show a picture of themselves, please can you advise me how I go about adding my picture?

Do you mean an avatar in the top left on posts and stuff? You have to be a forum friend, which also gives you an increased storage capacity for your PM inbox :)

Replied by kara on topic How do you add profile pictures?

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #3131
Avatars are separate to profile pics on here so which do you mean?

To upload a profile pic go to "User CP" on the lefthand menu under "Profile Options" click "edit Profile Pic" and follow instructions.

To upload an avatar (which appears when you post) you need to become a Forum Friend - details of which can be found here: http://www.the-t-bar.org/showthread.php?p=624#post624 :)

Kara x
by kara

Replied by general lee on topic How do you add profile pictures?

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #3132
I guess so, what do I have to do?:frown:

Replied by general lee on topic How do you add profile pictures?

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #3136
Thanks Kara:)

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic How do you add profile pictures?

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #3143

Yves Adele Harlow;3131 wrote: Avatars are separate to profile pics on here so which do you mean?

To upload a profile pic go to "User CP" on the lefthand menu under "Profile Options" click "edit Profile Pic" and follow instructions.

To upload an avatar (which appears when you post) you need to become a Forum Friend - details of which can be found here: http://www.the-t-bar.org/showthread.php?p=624#post624 :)

Kara x

So, everybody can have a profile pic?
If that's the case, could we somehow encourage everyone to post one (a genuine one). It would be really nice to see what people actually look like!:yesnod:

David
:shrug:

Replied by kara on topic How do you add profile pictures?

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #3214

David Aiketgate;3143 wrote: So, everybody can have a profile pic?
If that's the case, could we somehow encourage everyone to post one (a genuine one). It would be really nice to see what people actually look like!:yesnod:

Sounds like a nice idea David. Always good to put faces to names. Why don't you put up a sticky in the 'T Bar' section? :) Of course there will be people who are either shy or who value their privacy when it comes to these things but I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to do it - like a school yearbook only we aren't in uniform... I hope! :outtahere: :lol:
by kara

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #3222

Yves Adele Harlow;3214 wrote: Sounds like a nice idea David. Always good to put faces to names. Why don't you put up a sticky in the 'T Bar' section? :) Of course there will be people who are either shy or who value their privacy when it comes to these things but I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to do it - like a school yearbook only we aren't in uniform... I hope! :outtahere: :lol:

Nothing wrong with a uniform!:whistle:

David

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

Replied by bacchus on topic How do you add profile pictures?

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3442

David Aiketgate;3222 wrote: Well, not quite the response I wanted but thanks to Zipimini, Yves, Stealthbat, Slippy, Phil-hex, Gos, Fast Jan, Eagle, CJJ, Bacchus and Alias.

Although Bacchus is showing a remarkable resemblance to Matt Lucas, and Zipimini is just showing us his back.

C'mon the rest of you! You can't be that grotesque!:p
Even Car Hoods Scotland has put in a profile pic.

I warn you that I have a selection of horror photos that I'm willing to put in instead.

Hey David, I resemble that remark....lol, I'm pretty sure that shot really is me, not Matt Lucas. It was taken earlier in the year at Baskerville Raceway during one of our (MG Car Club of Tasmania Inc) club days and here is proof, if you don't recognise me I'm sure you will recognise the car.

I suppose the alternative is that I really am Matt Lucas, hiding out from the paparazzi in Tasmania. It would be a hell of a shock to my wife and son though, discovering she was married to the "only gay in the village" I suspect her main concern would be, she would want to know where the money and the talent is.

cheers,
Craig (I think)
by bacchus

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3456

Bacchus;3442 wrote: Hey David, I resemble that remark....lol, I'm pretty sure that shot really is me, not Matt Lucas. It was taken earlier in the year at Baskerville Raceway during one of our (MG Car Club of Tasmania Inc) club days and here is proof, if you don't recognise me I'm sure you will recognise the car.

I suppose the alternative is that I really am Matt Lucas, hiding out from the paparazzi in Tasmania. It would be a hell of a shock to my wife and son though, discovering she was married to the "only gay in the village" I suspect her main concern would be, she would want to know where the money and the talent is.

cheers,
Craig (I think)

OK, Matt... sorry, Craig. :whistle:I think I need to come over and confirm this.:bye: if you'd like to send me a couple of return tickets, I'll be able to settle this confusion.:yesnod:

I mean you could have paid Matt Lucas to lean against your car.:dunno:

David

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

Replied by bacchus on topic How do you add profile pictures?

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3488

David Aiketgate;3456 wrote: OK, Matt... sorry, Craig. :whistle:I think I need to come over and confirm this.:bye: if you'd like to send me a couple of return tickets, I'll be able to settle this confusion.:yesnod:

I mean you could have paid Matt Lucas to lean against your car.:dunno:

Sadly, not being a cashed up star I don't have that sort of money, so I guess this is a mystery that will never be solved....lol

:bacchus:

Craig (most of the time)
by bacchus

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #3489

Bacchus;3488 wrote: Sadly, not being a cashed up star I don't have that sort of money, so I guess this is a mystery that will never be solved....lol

:bacchus:

Craig (most of the time)

Damn, Craig! I thought you might fall for that!:whistle:,

David

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds