The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35676
What the hell am I talking about...I have had 3 cars within the last 2 years, a total fo 5!! My head is broken (order of ownership)

1. Morag...1.8 MPi MGF....best car ever

2. Cassie.. 1.8 VW Mk3 Golf..ESTATE...got it for £0 so can't complain. In fact can't complain. Comfy and built like a warship. 16 years old and only let me down due to consumables (starter motor, brake discs...all things you might expect to go at 16 years of age). Now my daily drive, as its comfy and warm and I don't have to worry about car park dinks as its got a few already

3. Katie .. 1.4 Fiesta Mk3..17 years old when I got it as a "temporary" car when Maggie was sick. Full of rust, steering column that would sometimes stick, and £500 to get it through its final MOT. Drivers window was heald up wiht bits of wood inside the door panel, so couldnt open it.. Didint feel safe in it and probably wasn't. Took to scrappy and got £100 for her after I got Morag

4. Maggie...first MGF ..owned for nearly 8 years (last year she was a "community feature"). Loved her, spent all my hard earned on her, met lovely folk because of her...but constantly had things wrong with her

5. Lucy.. 1994 Peugeot 306..first car, described above
by a Guest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35677
1. Jet Black - 2001 MGF Freestyle - Since buying this car I have met lots of great people who also love these cars - and the Border Patrol. :P ;) (It's Sheila's car really :yesnod: :nonod: )

2.' My' current car - 1994 Nissan 200sx Turbo S13. Modified front, lowered, tuned to Stage 2, 17" wheels, goes like stink!
3.1974 Ford Capri 3.0 Ghia - yeah baby! :woohoo:
4. 1971 Range rover 3.5 v8. Great for towing the Diving club boat, but 18 mpg. :omg:

5. 1956 Standard 10 - My first car paid £10 for it in 1972 and put a £40 stereo in, making the car 5x more valuable. Painted black with a brush and a tin of Dulux gloss! Pure class! ;)

David
:shrug:

Last Edit:12 years 5 months ago by David Aiketgate
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by David Aiketgate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Tsleight

Replied by Tsleight on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35682
Although outside my top 5 an honourable mention has to go to my Renault Grand Scenic. This is the 2nd one because about 5 years ago my wife and children decided to go for a roll in the first one! Rolled over 360 degrees and ended up facing back the way she'd driven. Good job the passenger area was strong - no injuries though car was written off. A superb car for a family: the fold down seats in the boot are SO useful and it can cope with loads of luggage. Plus 50 to the gallon. Just boring to drive!!!

[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

• PQD44
  • PQD44's Avatar Offline
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35688
No. 1 ...Hmmm let me think, ok, that's enough thinking, no real competition

The others chosen from the over twenty vehicles I've owned and in no particular order

No.2 Go anywhere, pull anything, carry anything including three piece suite and a wardrobe

No.3 Because I think it is one of the best autobahn family cruisers you can buy. V6, cheap to buy and insure, 150mph feels stable, quiet and very, very comfortable.

No. 4 This was the first car to ever frighten me, when the turbo kicked it, OMG did it move

No. 5 Not really one of the best I've ever owned but it was the first I bought and it taught me so much about cars

Just a special mention, like Tsleight, for a people carrier with fantastic flexibility and style

by PQD44
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight

Replied by Tsleight on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35702
Thanks Paul.
I'd always fancied a 5 GT Turbo, but never managed one. Very quick. Not many left now - they were everywhere when I learned to drive in the early/mid 80's...

[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Replied by Rich in Vancouver on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35724
There is an old yellow Datsun identical to that one here in town. I always notice it as it seems to be the only survivor.
We have a few oldies here that are daily drivers. Our collector plates which are for stock cars over 25 years old qualify for very low insurance. The big catch is that they can't be driven to or from work so it's often retired guys that are seen cruising around in old sedans and compact cars with Collector plates. This not only saves them money it preserves servicable non-enthusiast cars that would otherwise go to the scrapper just because they are old.

Replied by djp66 on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35744
Hmm, top 5

I'd have to say my current cars are in the top five and that's not just because they are what I have now but I really are the best I've owned

2003 MG TF 160 - fun, fun, fun
2007 Range Rover Sport HSE - great family mover and easy cruiser

Of the many others, the remaining three would be

1984 Alfasud 1.5ti Green Cloverleaf - the closest of my previous cars to the TF.
1980 Talbot Sunbeam Tii - if only I could have afforded the Lotus version
1978 Ford Cortina MkIV Ghia - teenage kicks (lots of room in the back) :woohoo:
Last Edit:12 years 5 months ago by djp66
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by djp66.

Replied by John Newey on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35747
Here's mine.....
1) MG ZT 400 SE in Shot Silk (gets all sorts of questions everywhere I go!)
2) MG SV-R in Racing Green (my dream car that I never thought I'd own!)
3) MGR V8 in British Green (the one I chased down till I manage to convince the first owner to sell it back to me!)
4) MGB Roadster in Glacier White (the one that got me into MG back in the 1980's!)
5) Mini 1275 GT in Pageant Blue (I cleaned it everyday-that's what started my OCD!)
6) MGF 1.8i in Flame Red (the new kid on the block and a real beaut!)

Replied by alphaj on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35771

cjj wrote: Well the first is easy....

1st. DeepBlue - a 2004 Royal Blue TF160
2nd. Ester - a Ford Focus ST in Performance Blue
3rd. The Beast - a 1974 LandRover SWB that I converted to 90 bodywork and MG Metro seats.
4th. Vicky - a 2004 Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 dti.
5th. Elvin - our 2L Ford Sierra

Our 2005 1.5td Kangoo Van should be in there somewhere as she has been fantastic and covered many miles, often moving tools and MG bits around the country. Effectionately known as the MG support vehicle. But it is a Van, not a car.

What about Gubby :( we had some fun in her ;) lol!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/mgfandtfborderpatrol/

by alphaj

• cjj
  • cjj's Avatar Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35776
We did, but as a car, Elvin was better with the extra power and gadgets.
by cjj

Replied by Proudfoot on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35813
I'm young enough to only just have reached 5 cars, so fairly easy for me to put them in order...

1. 2003 MG TF 115 Trophy Blue
2. 1988 VW Polo 1.0 Sky Blue (my first car)
3. 1993 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8i LS
4. 2003 Rover 25 1.4i ILX British Racing Green
5. 1997 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8i LS

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Re: The top 5 all time favorite cars you have owned

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #35819
There he goes with the 'Young' thing again... :P

David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds