Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5624
I hate stereotypes but it is like watching a talented opera singer suddenly turn into Rab C Nesbitt. :)
by cjj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by adamelphick on topic Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5639
I think it's the facts that not only did she LOSE BGT (so now we all feel sorry for her and want her even more) but she learning difficulties. We love the underdog and she is definitely that.

I for one think her odd little dances, strange answers to questions, and the 'bloody brilliant' which seems to have become her catchphrase, all add up to something quite innocent. The thing I like is that she was told to take as long as she needed to make her album, but unlike Leona (who took a year and seems well on the way to becoming a diva - thanks America) she opted to just get on with it because she KNEW what she liked singing and she could sing with no electronic wizardry.

I just hope that the pressure doesn't get too much for her - we all forget this is the first time she has known any kind of social interaction (bar the working club she went to with her mum) and goign from being on your own to singing in forn tof millions is s huge step for anyone. Simon had better keep his word and look after her - otherwise methinks the nation may lose is love for him a bit.

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5642
I don't think she has a problem singing in front of thousands, it is the talking in front of cameras etc, she becomes a different person.

It is the same with Stacey (was that her name?) on X-factor. While singing she looked confident and had a really nice voice. Let her talk and you just wanted to switch the telly to mute.
by cjj

Replied by teri on topic Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5652

CJJ;5642 wrote: I don't think she has a problem singing in front of thousands, it is the talking in front of cameras etc, she becomes a different person.

It is the same with Stacey (was that her name?) on X-factor. While singing she looked confident and had a really nice voice. Let her talk and you just wanted to switch the telly to mute.

I must admit Stacey did have one of those voices that made you just want to strangle her!!! I loved the news interview the other night, when she announced that a pizza had been named after her.. Bless her heart.....

Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David Aiketgate;17095 wrote: Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

by teri

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5653

Teri;5652 wrote: I must admit Stacey did have one of those voices that made you just want to strangle her!!! I loved the news interview the other night, when she announced that a pizza had been named after her.. Bless her heart.....

Was it fairly good looking at first glance but full of air?
by cjj

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds