Battery price

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Battery price was created by a Guest

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #5957
Just had to fork out £44 for a new battery is this a good price? Halfraurds wanted £76.
by a Guest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #5958

Miketf160;5957 wrote: Just had to fork out £44 for a new battery is this a good price? Halfraurds wanted £76.

That's a good price.:yesnod: What battery is it?

David
:shrug:

Replied by eagle on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #5961

Miketf160;5957 wrote: Just had to fork out £44 for a new battery is this a good price? Halfraurds wanted £76.

On the basis that you get what you pay for, £44 for a Battery (while cheap) might be too cheap and you could have problems a bit sooner than later. Only time will tell. I would have expected to pay between £60-80 for a descent battery.

Happy Xmass:buildasnowman::dancingsnowman:

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

by eagle

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #5971
i got one for £45 from my local car part dude, that was an expensive one for cars with C/L lekkie windows and such, had no problems so far, the same battery was £80 in halfrauds

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #5977
What make was it?
by cjj

Replied by mgf_matt on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #6008
You need a pretty powerful battery on these as the starter motor is so far away from the battery. I think mine is about 480 CCA

Motorfactors generally have pretty good prices but make sure the warrenty is decent, they will try anything to get out of replacing them

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #6145
Cannot remember now what it is called but it is not a fantastic make I am sure but one that is reccomened for the car. I bought it from a place in a industrial eastate that solely sold batteries. I will check in the morning what it is.
by a Guest

Replied by iain160trophy on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 10 months ago #6147
not really sure who makes halfords batterys but the one I bought claire last winter is not holding its charge come the cold weather this year......

bloody sumo electric company most likely.

bah humbug.
:mad:

Replied by nick on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #6155
My last Halfords battery lasted 2 years before a cell went down, it's got a 3 year guarantee which would have been great had I managed to find the receipt:rolleyes2:...I've kept it in my service records this time
by nick

Replied by mgf_matt on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #6186

Iain160Trophy;6147 wrote: not really sure who makes halfords batterys but

It was Varta up until recently, don't know who does the latest

Replied by bryan young on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #7393
Always go for branded batteries such as Varta, Exide, Chloride, AC Delco etc, you get what you pay for in batteries (agree that Halfords are very expensive rubbish) you should always try to replace with the type and make originally supplied. i would have expected to have paid about £60 for a good battery for the F with a three year unconditional guarentee. (my everyday car is an 2000 Honda Accord 2.0 VTEC and the original Honda battery lasted 8 years, replacement was £47 from Honda (3 Year guarentee) and Halfords wanted £80, guess what i opted for. Hope this all helps ~ Bryan

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic Battery price

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #7400

Iain160Trophy;6147 wrote: not really sure who makes halfords batterys but the one I bought claire last winter is not holding its charge come the cold weather this year......

bloody sumo electric company most likely.

bah humbug.
:mad:

no complaints so far in the cold :) he says as he goes out to find the car wont start lol :p

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds