to stripe or not to stripe??

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: to stripe or not to stripe??

Posted 11 years 11 months ago #77399
When I was considering stripes what I did was to use Paintshop Pro ( or any other graphics package, Paint.net is a good free one) and try out different styles, widths and colours. That way you can get a feel for the finished result.

The fitting of stripes is NOT easy, to get to a perfect finish let a professional do the job.

I had my stripes supplied to my design and fitted by a local vehicle sign writer. He fitted the stripes in less than 2 hours and gave me an extra 2m of stripes. The total came to £50. :woohoo:

Remember if you get fed up with the stripes you can always just peel them off.

History of stripes

The Viper was not the first the car fitted with stripes :slapme: Racing stripes have been painted on cars for more than 80 years to help identify the particular car, to make it stand out. If you're the shy retiring type who likes to go around unnoticed I'd say don't fit stripes. :lol:

There is also historic precedence for stripes on MGTF's, there was the Vintage Racing LE

and the 85th Anniversary Edition

In the Vintage Racing thread I did there are a few more photos of other peoples cars with stripes, inspired by the Vintage Racing design.

click here to view T-Bar thread MG TF Vintage Racing SE

I think the stripes make the curves of the car stand out even more and I'm sure the vast majority were not fitted just to cover something :dry:
Do want you like it and don't worry about other peoples view, it isn't their car. :broon:
Last Edit:11 years 11 months ago by PQD44
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by PQD44.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• M055Y
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • The one who always wears his united shirts

Replied by M055Y on topic to stripe or not to stripe??

Posted 11 years 11 months ago #77403

PQD44 wrote:
and the 85th Anniversary Edition

I do like the 85th style stripes :broon:

| 2002 MGTF135 in Skyline White | 16" 11 spoke alloy wheels in gloss black | LE500 front bumper | AP Brakes | BAS Hood | Mike Satur Black Roll Hoops and glass windbreak | Longlife cat back exhaust system | ZnF tweaked | Piano Black detailing |

by M055Y

Replied by jac114 on topic Re: to stripe or not to stripe??

Posted 11 years 11 months ago #77415
I am a bit jekle and hyde on this one.. I like subtle stripes on MY car but also like the in your face bright ones on other peoples car just not sure im the type to have them.. but in saying that I also think there are certain colour cars that work with in your face stripes I dont think mine (charcoal is) I also have the Tahiti blue Freestyle that would look great with nice bright white stripes.. Now in the case in question if i had that colour blue i would definately be putting on orange stripes just like the old style gulf racing blue and orange.. just lately (after putting on the t-bar sticker) I was seriously thinking about re-doing my stripes day-glow orange think they would look good on charcoal if not then i might just get some thin pinstriping in orange along side the black on my new stripes when i get them

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Last Edit:11 years 11 months ago by jac114
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by jac114.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiz

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds