It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

It's an F Jim, but not as we know it... was created by kara

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #7996
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-MG-MGF-WHITE_W0QQitemZ180455786395QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2a0400c79b

...obviously it would be hypocritical for me to complain about someone modding their F but I have to laugh at the spoiler that's almost as big as the bootlid itself! :lol: Nice bonnet vents though! :drool5:

Must admit that I'm quite surprised after such heavy modifications the owner kept the orange indicators & original alloys. Those are usually the first things to get modded.
by kara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by pancho on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #7997

Kara;7996 wrote: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-MG-MGF-WHITE_W0QQitemZ180455786395QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2a0400c79b

...obviously it would be hypocritical for me to complain about someone modding their F but I have to laugh at the spoiler that's almost as big as the bootlid itself! :lol: Nice bonnet vents though! :drool5:

Must admit that I'm quite surprised after such heavy modifications the owner kept the orange indicators & original alloys. Those are usually the first things to get modded.

Ditch the decals, spoiler, nice little motor, love the bonnet.

Good point Kara, about the indicators
by pancho

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #7998
The bonnet is awesome, the sideskirts and rear spoiler are a tad OTT but I really like the front splitter!
by a Guest

Replied by gotenks1321 on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #7999

Pancho;7997 wrote: Ditch the decals, spoiler, nice little motor, love the bonnet.

Good point Kara, about the indicators

Ah but the clear indicators would just blend into the rest of the bumper. By keeping the originals it breaks up the colour a bit and actually looks quite good :yesnod:

I quite like the whole car but I'll go back to my corner now :bye:

Replied by pancho on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8001

gotenks1321;7999 wrote: Ah but the clear indicators would just blend into the rest of the bumper. By keeping the originals it breaks up the colour a bit and actually looks quite good :yesnod:

I quite like the whole car but I'll go back to my corner now :bye:

Yeah, the more I look at the more it grows on me, even the spoiler (just jealous I can.t afford one)
by pancho

Replied by kara on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8003

Pancho;8001 wrote: Yeah, the more I look at the more it grows on me, even the spoiler (just jealous I can.t afford one)

Bonnet is a huge yes from me & I actually like the decal design as well and the front splitter but imho the side skirts look OTT when compared to the height of the rear of the car (i.e. should have carried the bodykit the whole way round) & whilst I agree that spoiler is actually really cool I think it's way too big for an F. Would be a hell of a fun car to see how far you could go with though. Just imagine it with the clear indicators, 11 spokes, lexus lights or quads & a bodykit on the rear & you'd have a really gorgeous F on your hands (imho).
by kara

Replied by stamford on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8004
Looks like someone crashed into Halfords there. What is the point of the bonnet vents then? Looks daft when the educated will know there is nothing under it to be of any real use!

Sorry but I hate that, should have mounted the spoiler to the front bumper and ploughed the roads!

2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8008

stamford;8004 wrote: Looks like someone crashed into Halfords there. What is the point of the bonnet vents then? Looks daft when the educated will know there is nothing under it to be of any real use!

Sorry but I hate that, should have mounted the spoiler to the front bumper and ploughed the roads!

LMAO!!! :rofl: I think you'll find that with the forum owner and one of the forum's moderators owning MGs with bonnet vents you're not likely to get us to agree it's daft! :lol: Why a bonnet vent you ask? Because it's pretty. :cloud9: ... not sure what CJJ's excuse is though :err:

:)
by kara

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8010

Kara;8008 wrote: LMAO!!! :rofl: I think you'll find that with the forum owner and one of the forum's moderators owning MGs with bonnet vents you're not likely to get us to agree it's daft! :lol: Why a bonnet vent you ask? Because it's pretty. :cloud9: ... not sure what CJJ's excuse is though :err:

:)

oops! removes foot from mouth! :o

As an engineer I look for a reason to fit such a thing, if it doesn't do anything functional then I leave it alone, however if it looks good and blends in then why not!

I pressed in some louvres in the bonnet of my old Firenza way back, but that was for air flow. Hard work manipulating a steel bonnet under a flypress!

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8012

stamford;8010 wrote: oops! removes foot from mouth! :o

As an engineer I look for a reason to fit such a thing, if it doesn't do anything functional then I leave it alone, however if it looks good and blends in then why not!

I pressed in some louvres in the bonnet of my old Firenza way back, but that was for air flow. Hard work manipulating a steel bonnet under a flypress!

Lol don't worry no offence taken! :) I'd much rather you give your honest opinion even if I'm now going to cry myself to sleep tonight. :cry:

:lol:
by kara

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8016

Kara;8012 wrote: Lol don't worry no offence taken! :) I'd much rather you give your honest opinion even if I'm now going to cry myself to sleep tonight. :cry:

:lol: get a grip, go watch Avatar and then get have a real cry! :p I'll keep a lookout for any spear throwing!

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8048

Kara;8012 wrote: Lol don't worry no offence taken! :) I'd much rather you give your honest opinion even if I'm now going to cry myself to sleep tonight. :cry:

Oh, not again :)

My vents are part of an overall plan for improved downforce. Kara just couldn't cope with me having a better mod than her. :whistle:
by cjj

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds