It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

Replied by gos on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8050
I like it a lot, yes even the spoiler :yesnod:

its very boy racer and I am toooooo old for it but if I was 30 years younger I would have to have it.
by gos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by kara on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8068

stamford;8016 wrote: :lol: get a grip, go watch Avatar and then get have a real cry! :p I'll keep a lookout for any spear throwing!

:lol: Well if that happens then I want you to shoot me because that's exactly what's happened in history time & time again! We conquered others because of (amongst other things) our superior firepower! Maybe that's what bugs me about that film - since when in our history do the less advanced civilizations win? It just doesn't happen. :dunno: The audience is forced to praise the Na'vi for beating the colonial "white folk" but in reality if we didn't then we wouldn't be sitting watching his film and he wouldn't be lining his pockets with our money! :rant:

CJJ;8048 wrote: Oh, not again :)

My vents are part of an overall plan for improved downforce. Kara just couldn't cope with me having a better mod than her. :whistle:

How are you going to achieve improved downforce by essentially lightening the front of your TF even more? I'm sorry hun but I'm not buying what you're selling. It's aesthetically pleasing end of story. :p

Gos;8050 wrote: I like it a lot, yes even the spoiler :yesnod:

its very boy racer and I am toooooo old for it but if I was 30 years younger I would have to have it.

Noooo anything but the spoiler! :lol: Fair play to ya mate, we love what we love nothing wrong with that. :yesnod:
by kara

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars

Replied by bacchus on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8074
OMG what a terrible thing to do to the supreme colour F, I can understand doing it to a blue or a green, but with white, why would you mess with perfection? ;)

Actually I like the idea of bonnet scoops along the lines of CCJ's and for the reasoning behind them, these ones seem silly even if they look quite good. I think that spoiler is pointless and ugly and the body kit and decals don't help, otherwise it looks fab........lol

I await the arrows and spears with baited breath :whistle:

Craig

:bacchus:
by bacchus

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8086
I think that those skirts would mean a horrible grinding stop at the first speed bump!

I think that those bonnet vents are designed to keep the wiper motor cool:yesnod:

I remember a similar silly spoiler making an appearance on www.barryboys.co.uk
Ah here it is:-

David
:shrug:

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8087

Bacchus;8074 wrote: OMG what a terrible thing to do to the supreme colour F, I can understand doing it to a blue or a green, but with white, why would you mess with perfection? ;)

Actually I like the idea of bonnet scoops along the lines of CCJ's and for the reasoning behind them, these ones seem silly even if they look quite good. I think that spoiler is pointless and ugly and the body kit and decals don't help, otherwise it looks fab........lol

I await the arrows and spears with baited breath :whistle:

Craig

:bacchus:

Nail hammer head hit:yesnod:

David
:shrug:

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8095

David Aiketgate;8086 wrote: I think that those skirts would mean a horrible grinding stop at the first speed bump!

I think that those bonnet vents are designed to keep the wiper motor cool:yesnod:

Wouldn't say no to the lights on those quads though. :drool5:
by kara

Replied by teri on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8148
Well I like it!!! Love the decals.. Hate that back spoiler though!!!!!

Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David Aiketgate;17095 wrote: Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

by teri

Replied by the jester on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8152
well i've no room to talk about decals but the spoiler is ridiculous.....anyone else noticed its not even the right colour...its a crealier white than the car!...dont think the yellow is the right colour though...black or a nice deep charcoal colour...or even x power primer!...tee hee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8154

The Jester;8152 wrote: well i've no room to talk about decals but the spoiler is ridiculous.....anyone else noticed its not even the right colour...its a crealier white than the car!...dont think the yellow is the right colour though...black or a nice deep charcoal colour...or even x power primer!...tee hee

Ooh I like the idea of an x-power decal so it's almost like a shadow/shading effect. Aah I do miss Slave's stripes sometimes. :cloud9:
by kara

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic It's an F Jim, but not as we know it...

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8156

David Aiketgate;8086 wrote: I think that those skirts would mean a horrible grinding stop at the first speed bump!

i dont mind the lights if they wernt "shiny" i like understated mods

as for the ebay advert my god do thoes wheels look ridicules!

has anyone else noticed he's length-ended his gear stick? i bet the throws are horrible!

obviously im a modder and i horrible boy racer :p but the whole car looks a bit.... half arsed tbh, like he wanted a full on fast and the furious style car and then ran out of cash (imo thats exactly why it's being sold)

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds