Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Some of you may have seen this already. Please look out for the reg. AK53 WNW

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100115/tuk-woman-dies-trying-to-stop-car-thief-6323e80.html

Officers are now appealing for anyone who has seen the stolen MG, registration AK53 WNW, to call police. Anyone with information is asked to call Wigan CID on 0161 856 7259.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

by reaper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by kara on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8182
What absolutely tragic news. I'll keep the thread as a sticky for a while. Just to expand on what you've said it was a ZR so not to many yellow ZR's floating around. Let's keep an eye out people.
by kara

I am unable to express my feelings about this very sad story, and other similar events, as all the words will be blocked by the swear filter.

*******; ****ing ****!

David
:shrug:

Replied by stamford on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8200
Yes shocking indeed. I can only hope an angry mob find him before the law does. I'm all for 'a life for a life'. There is no justice for a jail sentence for this kind of act.

2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Replied by swerving on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8207
B*****D!! is all I can say...

Sympathies to her family,

Lets hope he's caught quickly

Older but certainly not wiser!

Replied by stamford on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8208
Apparently a 22 year old male has been arrested on suspicion of murder, according to another forum, the poster being a policeman.

stamford;8208 wrote: Apparently a 22 year old male has been arrested on suspicion of murder, according to another forum, the poster being a policeman.

Good news.

David

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8212
The hard part now begins, being nice to the lad whilst he is in custody! No good giving the lad a hard time and getting a shaky conviction.

stamford;8212 wrote: The hard part now begins, being nice to the lad whilst he is in custody! No good giving the lad a hard time and getting a shaky conviction.

Any bets on the sentence?:don't bite:

David

Replied by eagle on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8220

David Aiketgate;8219 wrote: Any bets on the sentence?:don't bite:

I don`t see how this can be construed as anything other than murder, so 10-15 years at least. I see the police are looking for others involved, be interesting to see what they get , if caught.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

by eagle

Eagle;8220 wrote: I don`t see how this can be construed as anything other than murder, so 10-15 years at least. I see the police are looking for others involved, be interesting to see what they get , if caught.

I fear that there will be a reduction to involuntary manslaughter. No premeditation, so manslaughter.
Defendant's brief will plead panic, no intention to hurt owner.
Or out of his head on drugs - Involuntary manslaughter.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I fear it will.:dunno:

David

Replied by jonnocash on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8223
all my thoughts and sympathy go out to this brave womans family and friends.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds