Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Replied by mgfmad on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8227

stamford;8208 wrote: Apparently a 22 year old male has been arrested on suspicion of murder, according to another forum, the poster being a policeman.

And if he gets convicted, his sentence should be getting driven into at speed - see how he likes it:shake:

MG TF LE500 27 of 500

by mgfmad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8228
It won't go to murder. He will plead guilty on a lesser charge of manslaughter and will probably get community service or a suspended sentence as the jury won't be allowed to hear the other 500 convictions that he probably has and his solicitor will plead on his behalf that his client was under a lot of stress, it was out of character and he had an unfortunate childhood.
by cjj

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8250

Eagle;8220 wrote: I don`t see how this can be construed as anything other than murder, so 10-15 years at least. I see the police are looking for others involved, be interesting to see what they get , if caught.

thats optimistic, it'll almost certainly be plea bargained to vehicular man slaughter

our criminal justice system is a total joke, you know it, i know it, the police know it, the criminals know it... the only people who don't seem to give a dam are the sodding politicians!

thought go out to the family

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Replied by kara on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8277
I can see why manslaughter is a more likely possibility but getting a conviction of murder should not be impossible - death by dangerous driving for example. Also we have to remember with a murder charge that the defendant does not have to have intent to kill but can also be convicted if it can be proved it was his intent to cause "serious harm". Personally I hope the prosecution throws everything they can at the evil ****er! Let him rot!
by kara

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8282
I think the hang up with murder is that you have to prove intent to murder. Usually that means you have been thinking about it for days before and then went equipped to do it. I don't think he had any intention of killing her, but his disregard for her life should equal murder.

Don't get me wrong, I thing he should rot in jail with frequent visits from the family.

It may shock some people on here, but if that was a member of my close family, I would be the one in jail, and it would be premeditated, and probably slow and painful too.
by cjj

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!

Replied by birks on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8324
My heart goes out to Linda Hankey and her family & friends.

I see the police are now holding 2 people in connection with this murder. I just hope they've got the right people and that justice is seen to be done.

I have thought about what I would have done...and I think I would have done the same- there's no way I could've stood and watched someone stealing George-

but now?? I'm not so sure-

what has gone so badly wrong with our society that we should stand back and let scumbags take our possessions for fear of our lives being put at risk.

I don't have any answers, but I really fear for the moral fabric of our society and just how much worse it will get-

:shake: :frown: :shake:

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

by birks

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8333

CJJ;8282 wrote: It may shock some people on here, but if that was a member of my close family, I would be the one in jail, and it would be premeditated, and probably slow and painful too.

shock me that you'd happily torture someone trying to steal deep blue : no
shake me to the foundations of my very soul after hearing what said torturous would be : very likly!

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Replied by thatone1967 on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8424

2003 MGTF Monogram Edition. Celestial Blue, Black Leather.No. 19 of 99 Built 11 Spoke Alloys. AP brakes.

Replied by kara on topic Woman Dies trying to stop thief driving off with her yellow MG

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8425

thatone1967;8424 wrote: caught the b4stard!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8464662.stm

Excellent! And I see he's being charged with murder as well! Hope the ****er rots in jail and then in hell!
by kara

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds