Now a full Member ( HGF)

Now a full Member ( HGF) was created by eagle

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8351
Been shopping at a local town about 15 mile from home. Putting stuff in boot, noticed the Water level about 2cm down. Suspecting the worst came home very carefully.
When home straight into boot dip stick out, some Mayo but not a lot. Now here is the puzzle, water level back to normal, temps read OK.
I dont think it will be anything other than the dreaded HGF, but are there any other opinions?
Car details, TF, 03 plate, 24K on the clock, still original gasket.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

by eagle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Now a full Member ( HGF)

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8352

Eagle;8351 wrote: Been shopping at a local town about 15 mile from home. Putting stuff in boot, noticed the Water level about 2cm down. Suspecting the worst came home very carefully.
When home straight into boot dip stick out, some Mayo but not a lot. Now here is the puzzle, water level back to normal, temps read OK.
I dont think it will be anything other than the dreaded HGF, but are there any other opinions?
Car details, TF, 03 plate, 24K on the clock, still original gasket.

I have noticed this sometimes, especially when the engine is hot, checking later and the levels back to normal. i put it down to expansion in the cooling system.

But if you checked it right away, then it can't be that. Air in the system is the other idea that springs to mind.

I did have rising/falling coolant levels when I had HGF, due to combustion gases getting into the coolant. A sniff test would confirm that.

I hope it's not the dreaded.....

David
:shrug:

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic Now a full Member ( HGF)

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #8358
if you manage to get to the Teeside meet tomorrow i'll have a look mate, as said it could be an airlock but i cant see how unless you've drained the system recently?

if not looks like the Teesside tinkerers may have there first HG replacement lol

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds