Lambo door conversion

Lambo door conversion was created by mgf bushdevil

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #115889
Hi all seen a few pictures recently of F's with lambo door conversions does anyone on here have any experience of these kits and if so price,where to get them,what's involved in the fitting and to finish off do you think there worth it?
Cheers all Keith :woohoo D D Noticed your pic has them :broon:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Replied by Cobber on topic Lambo door conversion

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #116079
Personally I don't see the point in them myself, a whole lot of work and cost for little or no benefit that I can see.

They would not be permissible without an engineers certification in some countries such as here in OZ, and good luck getting an insurance company to agree with you that it's a good idea.
Depending on design, they may even compromise structural rigidity.
They probably add weight due to any reinforcement needed to maintain rigidity.
They would make the car a bloody hard place to escape from in the event that it's rolled over.
And they could cause serious injury if they suddenly dropped close whist you were getting in or out of the car, quite literally a scissor action!
Having said that, each to their own. If Lambo doors give you a stiffy, who am I to say you shouldn't do it? It's your car and you can do what you like with it.
The reason that I've posted on this thread, isn't to be a stuffy old killjoy, but to give you some questions to ask and factors to consider in your decision.

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last Edit:11 years 5 months ago by Cobber
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Cobber.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Lambo door conversion

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #116099
lambo doors make the car look very differant from the run of the mill cars,they cant just drop they have rams inside to stop that,in event of a roll over.that could be an issue,but in an open top your stuffed any way.
lambo doors is something you either love or hate,if i was being very honest i would have a set on my car.buy will never get round to fitting any.but i know of two people planning them,so i guess i will just have to enjoy there doors
so i think they give a bit of a wow factor even if i would have them myself
by a Guest

Replied by John and Sue on topic Lambo door conversion

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #116101
Diesel Destroyer has a thread on these a page or three back. :yesnod:

It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Replied by andywatson on topic Lambo door conversion

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #116112
The best kit around for our cars is the NAS sport bolt on kit, Ariel can be contacted by email on [email protected]

My kit goes on round about 17th May, so will post pics then. The hinges do add a bit a weight as they are a substantial piece of metal and extremely well made, I've seen DDs fitted to his car and they look spectacular.

If a jobs worth doing, it's worth overdoing

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgf bushdevil

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Lambo door conversion

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #116119
im not a big fan of lambo doors,but they look bloody cool,
by a Guest

Replied by mgf bushdevil on topic Lambo door conversion

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #116138
Well thanks for all the input guy's will look into it a lot more before i make any final decision but i do think they look fantastic if done properly and as for the issue of rolling and escape as already mentioned your driving a ragtop!!!!!

Replied by John and Sue on topic Lambo door conversion

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #116143
Personally: :sick:
...but each to teir own as always. :yesnod:

It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Replied by Rich in Vancouver on topic Lambo door conversion

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #116147
+1000BHP!

Not my cup of tea either but they do have a kewl factor. :broon:

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Replied by Cobber on topic Lambo door conversion

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #116164

mgf bushdevil wrote: Well thanks for all the input guy's will look into it a lot more before i make any final decision but i do think they look fantastic if done properly and as for the issue of rolling and escape as already mentioned your driving a ragtop!!!!!

That depends if you have a rollbar fitted, not those girly chrome things that wouldn't hold up a feather pillow but a proper rollbar!
When I get around to putting a new top on my car I'll look at fabricating one.

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

by Cobber

Replied by andywatson on topic Lambo door conversion

Posted 11 years 5 months ago #116169
I've been driving 31 years and have only ever seen one car on its roof, that was a hard top and judging from the state of the car I doubt the driver survived. Rolling a car is a rarity more so in our cars due to the low centre of gravity. I thing the Lamborghini doors really suit the car, but the advantage of the kit I'm going for is that you don't have to lift the door if you don't wont to, it will open sufficiently to get out before it lifts.

If a jobs worth doing, it's worth overdoing

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds