RED TF

RED TF was created by GT MG SPARES LTD

Posted 10 years 5 months ago #141526
After being asked by a chappy that does welding on our industrial estate last october if i wanted to buy his wifes mgtf with headgasket failure i was a bit reluctant until i viewed it and saw how clean it was.
I purchased and it sat in the unit until two weeks when i got it on the ramp and the subframes was a bit rusty and the engine creamed right up.
I purchased the Green 05 TF in pictures WITH ONLY 19000 MILES from insurance company and have swapped the complete subframes engine running gear effectively a 52 reg car sitting on 2005 running gear and the improved soft ride suspension.
I have informed DVLA of the engine change and now have another car in the garage i will probably never use.
The addiction goes on.

Last Edit:10 years 3 weeks ago by GT MG SPARES LTD
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by GT MG SPARES LTD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Leigh Ping on topic RED TF

Posted 10 years 5 months ago #141527
Stunning! :broon:

Replied by Blow-in on topic RED TF

Posted 10 years 5 months ago #141531
Red Rules! Super motor.

Richard

1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

by Blow-in

Replied by GT MG SPARES LTD on topic RED TF

Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago #149587
Tried my LE500 bumper on last weekend before paint and the holes in bumper for the bolt that attaches bumper to armature did not line up.

The hole partially showing in picture of bumper on car below is not even the threaded hole,just a hole below the threaded hole.The pictures below illustrate explain better.

Attachments:

Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago #149589
I looked at a brand new armature bar i purchased from Xpart a while ago. This as two threaded holes one for the MG rover bumper and a lower one for the SAIC MG UK FRONT BUMPERS,opposed to only one threaded hole on my existing red armature bar.

I am sure somebody on here will pop up with a way they got around the holes not lining up but if you are going to fit a LE500 style bumper the part number i used for the armature bar is below.

Attachments:

Replied by Diesel Destroyer on topic RED TF

Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago #149594
For LE 500 bumpers I usually weld a nut into the lower hole to make it captive..

Just done Quick-Spiders..

Quick etch prime and paint black and jobs a good en

Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago #149599
Yes i have seen it done,but the bumper pushes up a bit as the centres between the two holes are different between the two differennt bars.When the picture is viewed above of the bumper on the red TF BAR the hole you have welded a captive nut on the rear is only 2 thirds showing, this tends to make the upper nose lift to get a bolt in and on the ones i have seen the bonnet line is poor.

Replied by Diesel Destroyer on topic RED TF

Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago #149600
Never noticed that to be honest..

Quick Spiders is the third ive done this way.. and the other two never commented on the bumper not lining up...

I took a totally different route on mine.. and scrapped the box section bumper carrier as it blocks the rad..

But then I have a fibre glass bumper that's a lot stiffer and is now carried from bottom edge ;)

Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic RED TF

Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago #149602
What's the actual difference between hole centres on the two armature bars? :-? The bolt in the new bar makes it difficult to tell?

David
:shrug:

Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago #149625

David Aiketgate wrote: What's the actual difference between hole centres on the two armature bars? :-? The bolt in the new bar makes it difficult to tell?

The new bar centre to centre of the two threaded holes 19mm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Time to create page: 1.064 seconds