brake master cylinder

brake master cylinder was created by deepfat

Posted 2 years 2 months ago #198882
I know new brake master cylinders for TF's are often N/A or very expensive and rebuild kits are also N/A, my question is does the TF LE500 version fit earlier TF's, Rimmers show the OEM part as SJC000150PI superseded by SJC000150 and as fitting all TF models does this include the LE500.
The reason I ask is I have come across a company selling "supposedly" unused stock from the LE500 run and they appear to be too cheap, but are bulk buys of 5 at a time.

Further research shows MGOC offering the LE500 M/C for £80 but says A: they are aluminium, B: they don't fit TF's as the mounting holes are horizontal.

Shame the ones I saw were £70 for 5 quite a discount on the MGOC price.

Now wondering does the LE500 servo fit the TF, if so I could.....................
Last Edit:2 years 2 months ago by deepfat
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by deepfat. Reason: Further research

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RussUranjek-Manning on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago #207036
I can see that there was no reply on this topic, I am in a similar place with my TF

My 2002 TF master Cylinder has failed but I cannot find the replacement part at all in stock anywhere. I have Been advised not to use a second had unit so looking to buy new.

Looking around I can see that there is a full unit and Servo from Rimmer bros but its a lovely price of £246

Brake Master Cylinder & Servo - SJC000150ASSY - https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-SJC000150ASSY

MGOC Spares have the master cylinder for a £79.95 but am I correct in saying to use this I need the newer Servo 2004 onwards ?
Another Question , are the thread sizes different on the newer Cylinders so if i buy the new full unit will I have to change the lines into the Mater cylinder ?

Any help and advise to save me paying out nearly £250 would help, I am trying to keep the costs down a little to get the car back on the road.

TIA :)

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Render ebay item Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make.. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago #207038
Mark do you have the link to the part on each site I have searched but all I could find is the below.

https://recambiosenriquesanchez.com/producto/bomba-freno-rover-800/

Replied by mowog73 on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago #207039
I sent emails of enquiry.
-Enrique Sanchez: [email protected]
- Sterling Fixer, Dale Charles, [email protected]. He has one in stock as of April, 2023

[size=10pt]Mark[/size]
95 MGF

by mowog73
The following user(s) said Thank You: RussUranjek-Manning

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago #207040
Thanks Mark , I'll drop them an email.

How easy was it to do the rebuild?

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago #207041
The brake m/c in my F didn't need rebuilding, I bought the rebuild kit to have on hand for the day that it does need to be rebuilt.

I have rebuilt brake master cylinders on my 73 BGT and 80 Spitfire and the rebuild was easy, not hard at all.

[size=10pt]Mark[/size]
95 MGF

by mowog73
The following user(s) said Thank You: RussUranjek-Manning

Replied by Notanumber on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago #207042
Personally Id buy a tested 2nd hand one from one of our trusted sellers as I'd know it would both work and fit.

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

• Cobber
  • Cobber's Avatar Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Replied by Cobber on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago #207043
You can have a worn alloy master cylinder repaired, basically the bore is enlarged and a stainless steel sleeve of the correct diameter is inserted, this should last a lifetime.

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

by Cobber

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago #207044

Personally Id buy a tested 2nd hand one from one of our trusted sellers as I'd know it would both work and fit.

Can you provide me with some details please 🙏

Posted 3 weeks 5 days ago #207045

You can have a worn alloy master cylinder repaired, basically the bore is enlarged and a stainless steel sleeve of the correct diameter is inserted, this should last a lifetime.

I spoke with a company and they said the metal is to thin to bore 😞

Posted 3 weeks 4 days ago #207046

Very true, but what about the pressure seals on the plunger, those need to be replaced, you have to assume that they are perished.

[size=10pt]Mark[/size]
95 MGF

by mowog73

Time to create page: 1.395 seconds