brake master cylinder

Replied by Cobber on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 2 weeks 6 days ago #207084
Good timing, my master is buggered....I'm in

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

by Cobber

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mowog73 on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 2 weeks 6 days ago #207086

Il order them today.

Who wants one / more than one ? So far Ive got

Generous_dad X1
Red110 X1
Notanumber X1

Mowog ??
Airportable ??

Thanks for asking Notanumber, but I happen to have a couple brake master cylinder rebuilt kits sitting on the spares shelf already.

[size=10pt]Mark[/size]
95 MGF

by mowog73

Replied by trevtherevs on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 2 weeks 6 days ago #207087
Forgive if I've not understood the whole idea of this post. But I bought a Le500 Brake master cylinder in hast a couple years back, and it didn't fit on to the servo the bolt holes were in a different configuration. Hopefully if the guy with a caravan moves out the way of my garage, I'll post some pictures if you like?

Replied by Airportable on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 2 weeks 6 days ago #207088
AP is on holiday, I will be absent for a couple of weeks, although I’ll be keeping an eye on proceedings & will review on my return.
If I commit & it isn’t compatible I’ll end up with another white elephant to add to the zoo
Union sizes are a question, my tools will only cope with cupronickel alloy (I must get it back from my brother) & I seem to recall the pipe work is steel.
I realise it’s a numbers thing, unfortunately I can’t guarantee to join your collective.
Good hunting.
M

Replied by Notanumber on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 2 weeks 6 days ago #207089
Trev are you saying you bought this type of master cylinder, it didnt fit and wasnt useful ?

Are you suggesting not to do the group buy of 5 of these then ?

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Replied by markvrs on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 2 weeks 6 days ago #207090
Bought a SAIC MG TF brake master cylinder a couple of years ago and it is definitely different to earlier MG TF ones. This is what MGOC Spares say

Part NumberSJC000040
Specifically offered for very late MG Rover MGTF (Oct 2004 - March 2005 built) and NAC/SAIC MGTF models. These cars used a different brake master cylinder and servo to the earlier MG Rover built cars. The SJC000040 is aluminium (silver). The earlier MG Rover MGTFs use SJC000150 which is a pressed steel black coated master cylinders, these have not been availble for some years (second-hand only)
by markvrs

Posted 2 weeks 6 days ago #207092
That buggered that sketch then!

by Cobber

Posted 2 weeks 6 days ago #207093
Yes please Trev, that could prove interesting.
As a nosey bugger first class, with honours & bar, I’d like to do a comparison as some clever Bugger might be able to work out a work around.
There will come a time & before all the petrol runs out that this mod could be required & to be fore warned is to be fore armed.
Mind you you’ll still have to stop even if you’ve converted to clockwork or electric as you’ll not be able to rely on regenerative braking or rewinding your spring whilst coming to a holt.
M

Replied by trevtherevs on topic brake master cylinder

Posted 2 weeks 2 days ago #207144
I hope you can see how my Tf has the boltholes roughly 10 and 4 o'clock, the LE500 are 6 and 9 o'clock. I had thought about making a conversion plate but then of course you would have to make the plunger longer to accommodate the thickness of the plate.

I would be delighted if someone can come up with something, my solution was to wait until i could find a LE servo but that seems impossible or at least what I'm prepared to pay.
Last Edit:2 weeks 2 days ago by trevtherevs
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Cobber.

Posted 2 weeks 2 days ago #207147
I wondering if the servo cant be rotated so that the orientation of the studs in the servo match the bolt holes in the mounting flange of the master cylinder,
Another possibility is the maybe the two halves of the servo canister can be separated and reassembled in the correct orientation........a word of warning here separating the two halves of the servo canister can be dangerous as there is a bloody great spring in there!

by Cobber

Posted 2 weeks 2 days ago #207154
Has anyone taken a close look at a Freelander 1 servo?
I’m away & I’m working on a comparatively small phone & am not seeing details the same as on my main computer.
Granted the S1 Freelander predates the LE500 by a lot but it could form a “halfway house” system?
An addendum.
I’ve just looked at more info on the LE & I’ve reread Cobb’s contribution & it occurs to me that it’s not just orientation it’s also fixing centres.
If you were to remove the original studs & replace them with rivnuts at the correct position & spacing, you could make a spacer to accommodate the rivnut collar to ensure the air tightness of the system.
If someone will throw me the parts I’d have a go at making a system.
Just a thought.
M
Last Edit:2 weeks 2 days ago by Airportable
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Airportable.

Posted 2 weeks 2 days ago #207155
Yes the problem is we need the parts in front of us to see what’s possible, otherwise we are really just floating random ideas about

by Cobber

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds