Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Service kits 2 weeks 14 hours ago #206734

Hi again. I’ve had my TF 04 about a year now. Noticing a slight coolant leak. I’d like to do a full service,,cam belt, water pump, thermostat gasket etc. is there anything else I should do and is there a preference for oil filter brands etc. currently running a Bosch oil filter. Is there a one stop shop for all these goodies? Many thanks in advance. Roll on the warm summer days.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Service kits 2 weeks 4 hours ago #206738

I've always used MGTFbitz and MG Obsession for service parts.

Service kits 2 weeks 3 hours ago #206739

You will find the service check sheets here. One thing I would add is that there is a greasing point on both sides on the front suspension of the MG TF which is not mentioned on these sheets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim479

Service kits 2 weeks 3 hours ago #206740

As Bruce says there is a check list on here, as per his link & there are several good parts suppliers. I suspect your location might govern your choices, I live in the north of England & tend to gravitate towards ‘Bitz at Glossop, mind you judging by any number of comments on here; if you live north of Dover ‘Bitz is popular.
M

Service kits 2 weeks 38 minutes ago #206741

+ 1 more for the service kits from Mgfntfbitz. I bought their service kit including spark plugs for my first TF then realised the coil packs were not in great shape. I rang Darren for advice, dreading the cost as I'd assumed they would be expensive but he found me a pair of tidy 2nd hand coil packs for beer money. I have dealt with them ever since, buying all sorts of parts big and small and have never been anything other than delighted by their knowledge of these cars, service and general helpfulness
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

Service kits 1 week 6 days ago #206742

You will find the service check sheets here. One thing I would add is that there is a greasing point on both sides on the front suspension of the MG TF which is not mentioned on these sheets.

Yep, Greasing points are the most antique "technology" on the F (4) and TF (Front suspension only) and are often ignored by previous owners. Some garages don't seem to know that they exist!

Those bought up on Morris Minors & other BMC products or Abingdon MG are more familiar.

Service kits 1 week 6 days ago #206743

I prefer being able to give it a feed of grease every now and then……… all these lubed for life components, the limitations of them are that their life span runs out when the lube does!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Service kits 1 week 6 days ago #206746

Thanks chaps I must give those little buggers a squeeze of grease over this weekend. I’ve a replacement set of suspension arms with lowering knuckles refurbished & ready to fit. It should have been done twelve months ago.
M

Service kits 1 week 6 days ago #206749

Try not to over lubricate as to much happy fat can cause problems too, such as mess attracting grit which can get into components causing wear and over lubrication of bearings can cause over heating of the bearings due to friction caused by the drag of the excessive lubricant
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT