Central Locking Mk1 MGF

Central Locking Mk1 MGF was created by bryan young

Posted 3 weeks 15 hours ago #207072
Can anyone please tell me where I can find a fuse for the central locking on my Mk1 MGF, I have been locking/unlocking the car for years now by using the key in the drivers door so that the interior sensor is not set, to stop false alarms in the night!! The key does only lock the drivers door, passenger door lock not working.I have also found that unlocking with the key, sets off the alarm as soon as I open the door. I have to cancel this with the fob. please , please can someone help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Roverlike on topic Central Locking Mk1 MGF

Posted 3 weeks 5 hours ago #207081
Central locking is operated from the Lucas 5AS alarm box. In case of MG F mk1 alarm box is power fed from 2 fuses: Number 3 under bonnet fuse box rating 30 Amps and number 14 under steering wheel fuse box rating 15 Amps.

However I do not think you have problem wich you will solve with pressing your fob. I think that you have problem with microswitches in your door lock which are not activating/deactivating as they should.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Replied by bryan young on topic Central Locking Mk1 MGF

Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago #207120
Many thanks, I will check the fuses first before removing the door cards to inspect the lock

Replied by bryan young on topic Central Locking Mk1 MGF

Posted 2 weeks 1 day ago #207168
Hi, I have taken the fuses out and checked them, both are intact and the blades are clean. the fuse 3 in the under bonnet fuse box is 15 amp & not 30!! should I change this to a 30amp fuse?? I will have a look at the door locks soon.

Replied by Airportable on topic Central Locking Mk1 MGF

Posted 2 weeks 1 day ago #207172
Yours is an early car & I seem to recall a reallocation of fuse values from one to the other. My car isn’t much younger than yours & I amended the value, even relabelling it; (I was so much older then, I’m youngest than that now.)
if the fifteen amp fuse is fine stick with it.
M

Replied by Roverlike on topic Central Locking Mk1 MGF

Posted 2 weeks 1 day ago #207173

Hi, I have taken the fuses out and checked them, both are intact and the blades are clean. the fuse 3 in the under bonnet fuse box is 15 amp & not 30!! should I change this to a 30amp fuse?? I will have a look at the door locks soon.
If fuse is fine no need to upgrade it.
Last Edit:2 weeks 1 day ago by Roverlike
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Roverlike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds