Drivers door locked, and cant open! help

Drivers door locked, and cant open! help was created by Psychicfrog

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #207887
Hi, im new here. Just got my second MGF, the first 10+ years ago and always regretted selling it. So I've just bought a 98 Abingdon VVC, which needs some TLC but is mechanically great at 67K and new belts and gasket etc.

So the problem is after a superlock ( by accident) the drivers door has locked and cant open it. got the roof down, the door card off enough to get into the door (the previous owner left screws out, fortunately) and the situation was:
  • the 6 pin connector at the bottom of the door was unplugged
  • the two pin connector  ( C1450 ) was unplugged, and the car end was replaced with two crimp connectors, which I assume had fallen out.  I think the 6 pin had caught on the window mech and pulled apart when i closed the window.
Too dark for photos now, but I'm wondering if anyone has a way to undo the Superlock either manually, or I've seen mention of a 12V pulse on the two thick wires on the 6 pin  (orange and pink) ? is that for the superlock on normal lock?

I'm kinda assuming I may need new relays or similar in the future , but at the moment I'd be over the moon to just open the door!

Help!! and thanks in advance.

Freddie

Last Edit:1 month 1 week ago by Psychicfrog
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Psychicfrog. Reason: Typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Notanumber on topic Drivers door locked, and cant open! help

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #207911
Its best to start by downloading the circuit diagram from the Library section to identify the superlock wires and then apply 12 volts to unlock. Once unlocked it may be best to disconnect the superlock wires. It doesn't affect the main central locking. Frankly superlocking is a bit pointless on a convertible

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.915 seconds