MGF & TF book by Tim Morris was created by Cobber

Posted 1 week 4 days ago #208380
Has anyone read this book?
: MGF & TF Tim Morris ISBN9781398118096

I've ordered a copy

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last Edit:1 week 4 days ago by Cobber
Last edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Cobber.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic MGF & TF book by Tim Morris

Posted 1 week 3 days ago #208388
Nope.🤔

Book Description

Launched in 1995, the MGF marked the rebirth of the classic British MG two-seater sports car. In this book, MGF enthusiast Tim Morris tells the full inside story of the development of the MGF and TF against the background of the seismic changes that were taking place in the British car industry. After the demise of the bestselling MGB and the closure of the Abingdon factory in 1980, it seemed as if the classic MG sports car had come to an end. An upgraded version of the MGB, the RV8, was introduced in the 1990s, but meanwhile designers and engineers were busy with an all-new car, which was unveiled in 1995. Developed under British Aerospace and launched under BMW ownership of the Rover Group, the MGF came under MG-Rover ownership after BMW divided the company in 2000. At this time the TF was developed and produced until the company went into administration in 2005. Here design features such as the mid-engine format and Hydragas suspension system are described, as well as the various model changes and re-designs and how the car fared against strong competition from cars such as the Mazda MX5. Including information for owners and potential buyers and with a wide selection of illustrations, this is an essential guide to the MGF and TF sports cars. 

David
:shrug:

Last Edit:1 week 3 days ago by David Aiketgate
Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by David Aiketgate.

• Cobber
  • Away Topic Author
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Replied by Cobber on topic MGF & TF book by Tim Morris

Posted 1 week 3 days ago #208391
When it shows up I'll give it a review, though I don't know how much he could further enlighten us with little pearls of wisdom regarding our cars.
The collective wisdom of this forum is probably the premier reference source of information on our cars as it not only has many mental data bases, but also many takes and angles on a given situation and is constantly evolving and updating.

by Cobber

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic MGF & TF book by Tim Morris

Posted 1 week 3 days ago #208393
It doesn't sound as if tbere is much practical diy info in there. More about the production...

David
:shrug:

• Cobber
  • Away Topic Author
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Posted 1 week 3 days ago #208395
Still it might go some way to explain why they came to the momentous decisions they did, and who was responsible for which bright idea, which will come in handy when one  invariably and inevitably needs to place a curse on whoever came up with the particular shit awful piece of design that happens to be your current source of torment as you endeavor to work on the car.

Last Edit:1 week 3 days ago by Cobber
Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Cobber.

Replied by generous_dad on topic MGF & TF book by Tim Morris

Posted 1 week 3 days ago #208396
I have this. A good read in detail, especially the Phoenix and then the rest. Interested to know what you think of the book you are buying.

And the K-series engine book is really worth buying. Well written and very, very detailed. I would say a must for anyone who will get under the car and in the engine bay.
Last Edit:1 week 3 days ago by generous_dad
Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by generous_dad.

• Cobber
  • Away Topic Author
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Posted 15 hours 32 minutes ago #208539
Well it arrived and I read it last night, not a large volume by any means.
I think it is better suited to people new to the marque who are interested in the MGF/TF, as it gives a history of the models and the MG marque as it applies to the F/TF and what led up to them. For us seasoned veterans it doesn't really offer much we don't already know, (I didn't really expect that it would)
It starts out with the creation of the MG marque  and gives the reader a working knowledge of MG up til the development of the F/TF  which it then proceeds to cover fairly well, including pretty well all the variations of the car throughout their production life. It also covers  a little of the competition history, no all that much but enough to wet your taste buds so that you might want to learn more it also covers some of the experimental cars that never got to be made due to a lack of funds.
it also gives the prospective buyer a few tips on what to look for, but your better off coming here to the Tbar for that!

To sum up do you need it......No not really

by Cobber
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Replied by generous_dad on topic MGF & TF book by Tim Morris

Posted 7 hours 23 minutes ago #208566
Well done Mr C. I'll pass then.

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds