downsizing on tools

downsizing on tools was created by digcot65

Posted 2 weeks 18 hours ago #208776
As Ive mentioned before I have to possible  stop car restoring due to health problems and age So Im selling some garage tools Im not going to use again ,anyone interested can see them on Ebay number 286089832451 .Due to weight they are collection only I live in the B45 area Lickey hills Len

USED GARAGE TOOLSNO LONGER NEEDED
Buy It Now
Last Edit:1 week 6 days ago by digcot65
Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by psymon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by stubbs_gt on topic downsizing on tools

Posted 2 weeks 18 hours ago #208777
Len, be careful buddy, lots of scams etc out there. 

I've had one recently where the fella said "i'll take it, a courier will come and collect it and pay you" complete scam.

I asked a few questions and he was buying my sailing dingy for his disabled mother. !

Just be careful buddy. 

Replied by digcot65 on topic downsizing on tools

Posted 2 weeks 17 hours ago #208779
Thanks Ive heard just about every scam so its always a case of collect and pay cash When  Ive sold a classic its call pay by bank transfer and take the car Len

Replied by digcot65 on topic downsizing on tools

Posted 2 weeks 17 hours ago #208780
I had a case some years ago where someone in the US Airforce i Rome wanted to sell his Rolls Royce as he was being moved out to the far east  Thigs were going well but I still had my doubts Then one or two thing he said had me more wary .So I said we go to Rome quite often Ill make a holiday of it and collect the car  ill let you know when we land .Not another thing from him Len

Replied by Cobber on topic downsizing on tools

Posted 2 weeks 16 hours ago #208781
Yeah the serviceman in a foreign posting situation is often used by scam artists, they assume that by pretending to be someone in the military that they are going to be considered more trustworthy than some rando, and the line about being re-posted puts an air of urgency about the deal. So that you might feel sympathetic and overlook your normal checks and balances to help old mate out!
And the urgency explains why it is such a great deal.......yeah right!

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last Edit:2 weeks 16 hours ago by Cobber
Last edit: 2 weeks 16 hours ago by Cobber.

Time to create page: 1.510 seconds