MGF Wiper Motor Replacement- Updates

MGF Wiper Motor Replacement- Updates was created by PrivateRyan

Posted 1 day 12 hours ago #208956
Hi, I am a newby to The-T-Bar and would like to know from anyone out there about their experiences with replacing the MGF wiper motor with one from a Mk1 Freelander. I have found that there is quite a conflict of results from different sources and before going down this avenue I wanted to be sure of the facts as so many of the blogs are dated some 12 years ago or more! It would seem that it is now impossible to source a genuine MGF wiper motor and my findings with the small amount of information I have managed to gather like "TRICO" and "Lucas" and DLB000270 or DLB101532 have just lead me up a blind alley. So any help please would be very gratefully received, thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Airportable on topic MGF Wiper Motor Replacement- Updates

Posted 1 day 10 hours ago #208960
This was covered a short while ago & it’s worth tracking down. The short answer is to do with switching. The f is a relatively simple car where most of the switching is positive, whereas the Freelander has electronic switching; this is switched negative & that’s the rub.
Work your way backwards & look up the proper post, or maybe someone might be able to give you a date pointer.
I recall David had a wonderful & most enjoyable time with this problem.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: PrivateRyan

Replied by Notanumber on topic MGF Wiper Motor Replacement- Updates

Posted 1 day 9 hours ago #208963
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-DLB102080 There you go. They are no longer as difficult to buy now nor are they atrociously expensive.  Rimmers seem to now have a supply of wiper motors again.

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last Edit:1 day 9 hours ago by Notanumber
Last edit: 1 day 9 hours ago by Notanumber.

Replied by bluebae on topic MGF Wiper Motor Replacement- Updates

Posted 1 day 7 hours ago #208966
Hey there! iIm pretty new here too. From what I've read, the freelander motor swap can be tricky because of the wiring differences. Might be worth checking out that rimmer bros link instead?
by bluebae

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds