Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Here today, gone tomorrow. 1 week 5 days ago #206765

I was in two minds whether I should comment on the disappearance of a recent post.
Rich in Vancouver asked if anyone had a genuine MG first aid kit & hivis jacket, a few replies were received but nothing concrete.
In reply I wondered whether an ordinary box with appropriate symbols might serve; it wouldn’t & I was informed in a non equivocal way.
I covered a couple of his comments, made a couple of observations of my own & finish the post with the assurance that if I were to come across these items I would inform him.
I check in on posts a couple of times a day, usually whilst breakfasting & at lunch time, those posts had gone & I wondered why.
Is it a technical hitch or was it removed on the behest of a party. I know that censorship is a way of life now but surely we’re all big boys & should be able to form our own opinions.
Obviously I can’t recall just what was said as it’s been taken down but was it so dangerous that the moderators found fault.
Might they not have sent me a PM to qualify the problem & come to a consensus or has pressure been brought to bear.
Rich has obviously been active in the past, otherwise he wouldn’t have accrued so many spanners but he is now an occasional visitor.
Life is too short to get the hump over bugger all, hence my opening line but it’s long enough to find censorship & miss information at almost every port of call unacceptable.
Do I want to be a contributor to an car enthusiast website where ideas & opinions are removed because someone didn’t like them? I’m not sure.
Do I want to be party to a website where a very regular contributor is edited out without explanation?
I will leave those thoughts with you all, your responses, if any, will be viewed with interest & might sway an outcome.
M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Here today, gone tomorrow. 1 week 5 days ago #206766

If I am not mistaken, original poster who started mentioned thred has the ability to delete its first post in the thread. By doing so he will delete whole thread.
It is the right of the original poster and I do not see any problem in that.

EDIT: I just checked and I am wrong. On this forum you cannot delete your own post, only admis can. So ignore my comment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Here today, gone tomorrow. 1 week 5 days ago #206769

Is editing a constant theme now? I glanced at my phone & noticed a post from one of the moderators, I’m sorry I don’t recall his name.
I went to move some ladders for my wife & on my return that had gone.
Strange.
M

Here today, gone tomorrow. 1 week 5 days ago #206770

Its funny, I went looking for this but for some reason couldnt find any posts from Rich more recent than 2019.

I suspect a glitch in the matrix
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Here today, gone tomorrow. 1 week 4 days ago #206781

I was not following the whole story in detail but I felt that it might have been misunderstanding or cultural differences.
Censorship on this forum should not be necessary and AP was not intending to offend. Rich, if you are reading this, move on and keep posting.
The "legal" test on fora should be context and intent.
Did the poster indend to offend and in the context of the forum, opinions should be allowed.

I read another MG forum and had to push for a contributor to be reprimanded as he was out to cause trouble. In the end, he left and the discussions are the better for it.

Let's get back to cars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Here today, gone tomorrow. 1 week 4 days ago #206792

Censorship - nope.
We don't, as a general rule remove posts without some specific request of the parties involved..
So any removal would only be done at the behest of the original posters.
We try not to get involved, trusting that you are all big boys/girls who can sort out issues without sulking, lol.

I have no knowledge of such a request in the recent past, however I have asked the mods if this has happened in this case. I will update you, as and when.

I was aware of the discussion about first aid boxes and noted a little disagreement, but thought nothing of it. Just a 'wrong end of the stick' misunderstanding.

My total personal involvement in "censorship" has been restricted to removing duplicate posts, adding pictures, moving posts to the correct part of the forum. Oh, and recently removing a post 'telling someone they posted in the wrong section', which was requested by the op. After I moved the post to the correct section rendering the post redundant. Sorry I can't remember whose post that was...
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Here today, gone tomorrow. 1 week 4 days ago #206802

Thank you David. After the rather kirt response I was hoping for a discussion about our friends outlook on MG then & now, his comment was interesting. To find the whole series of posts gone was irritating hence my follow up.
We now have the air cleared & a understanding on how posts are monitored, if you feel any further comment is required & feel it could provide problematic, a PM suffice.
Finally, if I were to come across an original first aid kit I would still let Rich know.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Here today, gone tomorrow. 1 week 3 days ago #206811

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
The OP asked for the post to be deleted, I deleted the entire thread as it would make no sense with bits missing.

If anybody wishes their individual posts restored, just ask

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Here today, gone tomorrow. 1 week 3 days ago #206813

Thank you for this clarification, I consider it water under the bridge, not even warranting a wry smile, it does however illustrates the strong feelings around the demise of the original MG company.
It will be interesting if the electric car mania fades; what will become of those cars out there impressing owners & pundits alike.
Regards to the administration team.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT