Aerial probs

Replied by eagle on topic Aerial probs

Posted 14 years 7 months ago #10302
Sounds exactly like the problem I had a couple of years ago. I tried three aerials and a mates borrowed radio, all with no luck. So I took it to a professional installer who diagnosed a broken aerial lead near the boot hinge, and boy was he dead on.

I wish

THe Lone Gunman

by eagle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Aerial probs

Posted 14 years 7 months ago #10307

Eagle;10302 wrote: Sounds exactly like the problem I had a couple of years ago. I tried three aerials and a mates borrowed radio, all with no luck. So I took it to a professional installer who diagnosed a broken aerial lead near the boot hinge, and boy was he dead on.

Yeah, I think that's the next idea after checking the aerial earthing.
I wonder...... has the aerial cable been clipped to the hinge? Same as the dodgy wiring loom?

David
:shrug:

• birks
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Loves going topless!!!

Replied by birks on topic Aerial probs

Posted 14 years 6 months ago #11336

David Aiketgate;10189 wrote: Maggie,
It sounds as if the aerial isn't earthed to the car body properly.
The aerial is earthed through its fixing. It needs to be tightened on to a clean part of the body metal.
Remove the aerial from the hole, and clean up the body metal around the underside of the hole before re-fitting the aerial. Make sure that the metal fixing is in good clean metal/metal contact with the body.
Good luck.

I said I'd let you know...and I know time has gone by but.....

I did exactly as you suggested David, but then discovered the HGF, so couldn't see whether my reception had improved. The mounting was quite loose underneath, so I took it all apart, cleaned it up, replaced it and tightened it all. As I got back from my run today, I suddenly realised I'd never lost reception once!!! YEAH :)!!!!

My son is safe from the gaffer-tape option (rats!!!)

:thanks:

Thanks a lot for your help...problem solved (I hope!!)

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

by birks

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Aerial probs

Posted 14 years 6 months ago #11346

Birks;11336 wrote: I said I'd let you know...and I know time has gone by but.....

I did exactly as you suggested David, but then discovered the HGF, so couldn't see whether my reception had improved. The mounting was quite loose underneath, so I took it all apart, cleaned it up, replaced it and tightened it all. As I got back from my run today, I suddenly realised I'd never lost reception once!!! YEAH :)!!!!

My son is safe from the gaffer-tape option (rats!!!)

:thanks:

Thanks a lot for your help...problem solved (I hope!!)

OMG, loose aerial causes HGF!:whistle::bye:

Good to hear(geddit?) that your reception problem is sorted.:yesnod:

Keep the gaffer tape idea for future potential problems with son's mouth.:hehe:

David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds