Ball Joint Socket

Replied by Rich in Vancouver on topic Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Ball Joint Socket

Posted 13 years 2 weeks ago #28064
I have a 110V thingy. It works well when a shock is needed to loosen a stuck bolt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: Ball Joint Socket

Posted 13 years 2 weeks ago #28065
Ive got one of those sockets too ( i won mine :woohoo: someone who didnt know what it was for, chucked it in the bin) you will notice that there is no lead in bevel at the bottom, like normal sockets, which would not fit the thin nut on the ball joint. :broon: i also agree with Daz, i would us a long bar and not the impact wrench :thumbsup:

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Ball Joint Socket

Posted 13 years 1 week ago #28073

Rich in Vancouver wrote: I have a 110V thingy. It works well when a shock is needed to loosen a stuck bolt.

I have a 12v impact driver that was great while it worked, but upgraded to a 240v version from Machine Mart. 450nm.

David
:shrug:

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Ball Joint Socket

Posted 13 years 1 week ago #28077
nothing can beat a long bar and seeing it bend,and wondering if the bar will break or the ball joint comes off.and when your hear the bolt give up its hold,its like opening a coffee jar and breaking the foil.And when the ball joint is off you know you have fought and one.
Its like hunting with a rifle or a machine gun.
Seriously we dont used air guns
1 we had a few close shaves with personal injury
2 you can break the treads
3 access not always good
4 with the compressor on you cant hear the radio.
but we do these all the time,and however its done there are always a nightmare.mind you changing a clutch is the worst job,and getting the brake switch out is another favorite.
by a Guest

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds