Forum Stickers...

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Forum Stickers...

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4600

CJJ;4589 wrote: Can I make a suggestion. If you are going to design a sticker then it should be as you would type it into your browser otherwise people will type in what they have seen and it won't work.

Idealy it should be www.the-t-bar.org .

You could drop the www if you really wanted to, but leaving out the hyphens is a mistake in terms of marketing as some may go home and type

www.the t bar.org
or
www.thetbar.org

neither of which will work.

Maybe, something like this.

By gum, I like your design.:yesnod:

David
:shrug:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Forum Stickers...

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4605
YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mykul
by a Guest

Replied by kara on topic Forum Stickers...

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4618

Teri;4587 wrote: The only problem with that one hun, is, the T Bar looks like T Ban, cos of the flag placement..

You know I have to confess I completely missed that but now that you mention in you're right! D'oh!

CJJ;4589 wrote: Can I make a suggestion. If you are going to design a sticker then it should be as you would type it into your browser otherwise people will type in what they have seen and it won't work.

You could drop the www if you really wanted to, but leaving out the hyphens is a mistake in terms of marketing as some may go home and type

www.the t bar.org
or
www.thetbar.org

Hmm... that is a VERY nice design there mate. I agree we need the dashes as well.

Well I'm quite happy to get a decal made up with either design so if people like yours more we'll go with it. :)
by kara

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

Replied by gos on topic Forum Stickers...

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4621

www.the t bar.org
or
www.thetbar.org

I like this design apart from one minor detail, I think a sticker like this should flow like a rank of soldiers either tall to small or vice versa. when looking at it it flows upwards then down again, are you following so far :confused:

so how about moving the flag to the front T or having a flag on both T's with one higher/bigger than the other.

unfortunately I am not gifted in the design software area so difficult to get the point across without pics :whistle:

or, how about an opaque chequered flag back ground with the black lettering over it?

I'm not trying to pull it apart its a good design but just thinking of a couple of tweaks as once its produced it would be a waste if it wasnt quite right when on the car.
by gos

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4642

Yves Adele Harlow;4581 wrote: Well I've contacted a couple of companies and am awaiting quotes but have been given estimates and the decals should be in the region of £1.50-£2.50 each.

Attached below is a rough design of what they will look like but naturally I've still got to discuss colour choice (I'm thinking black or silver).

Might be worth contacting Baracus over on 't' other forum' I know he does these decals, this is his site in fact, http://www.bartinigrafix.co.uk

Actually, Hes also on the 3C site too if that forums out, Baracus (aka Steve)
by a Guest

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4646

Bromsgrove man;4642 wrote: Might be worth contacting Baracus over on 't' other forum' I know he does these decals, this is his site in fact, http://www.bartinigrafix.co.uk

Actually, Hes also on the 3C site too if that forums out, Baracus (aka Steve)

Oh thank you hun that's perfect - I'll pop him an email today! :thumbsup:
by kara

Replied by reaper on topic Forum Stickers...

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #4665
I like CJJ's design but i think Gos has some good points.

To throw my 2p in; I'd like just the letters, or the letters with the flag at the end, so it could be all in the same size and in line, with no background then i could fit it to my car, maybe on my MS windstop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

by reaper

Replied by Adam-Mgtf on topic Forum Stickers...

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #5009

Gos;4621 wrote: I like this design apart from one minor detail, I think a sticker like this should flow like a rank of soldiers either tall to small or vice versa. when looking at it it flows upwards then down again, are you following so far :confused:

so how about moving the flag to the front T or having a flag on both T's with one higher/bigger than the other.

unfortunately I am not gifted in the design software area so difficult to get the point across without pics :whistle:

or, how about an opaque chequered flag back ground with the black lettering over it?

I'm not trying to pull it apart its a good design but just thinking of a couple of tweaks as once its produced it would be a waste if it wasnt quite right when on the car.

love the style of writing but i agree the sticker should run in a "line" instead of up and down, oh and put me down for a sticker :) depending on size i may want 2 :)

Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #6057
Oi!
What happenned to this thread?
I want my sticker................now!
I've told everybody I'm getting one

Mykul
by a Guest

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #6075
tbh I'm not sure what the problem is. I've contacted several local decal places now and no one is getting back to me. I'm starting to get quite offended - it's like people don't want your business. :dunno:

I'll try again and be a bit more forceful after christmas. No point now as it wouldn't arrive to you before christmas anyway. :rolleyes2:

Also I know people have been questioning the design somewhat therefore is it possible for people to come to an overall understanding of what you would prefer or do you want me to come up with some more designs? :)
by kara

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Forum Stickers...

Posted 14 years 9 months ago #6085

Yves Adele Harlow;6075 wrote: tbh I'm not sure what the problem is. I've contacted several local decal places now and no one is getting back to me. I'm starting to get quite offended - it's like people don't want your business. :dunno:

I'll try again and be a bit more forceful after christmas. No point now as it wouldn't arrive to you before christmas anyway. :rolleyes2:

Also I know people have been questioning the design somewhat therefore is it possible for people to come to an overall understanding of what you would prefer or do you want me to come up with some more designs? :)

Let's have a competition!:snow:

David
:shrug:

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #6434

CJJ;4589 wrote:

Looks great!! I think there could be a slight problem with it though that unless it is a printed decal ( which I would imagine costs more than a standard vinyl cut decal), it would need to be made as a 2 coloured decal (black, then a lighter grey on flag in background) - this then has the problem it needs to be cut from 2 sheets of vinyl and unless there is some fancy way of overlaying the vinyl on the application tape (I have 2 coloured decals over my car, and each part of the decal came on a seperate sheet), both parts will need to be very accurately and precisely put on

Maybe if the T was taller, and flag was then above the 'bar' it could be done in 1 colour? :)

Just my 2 cent

Luke
by a Guest

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds