Tiger Woods.

• cjj
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Tiger Woods. was created by cjj

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5584
Was it a genuine story that we really needed to know? Or a media frenzy whipped up by people who love to bring down people?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is right what he has done, but do I and millions of others really need to know?

Sometimes I really get sick of the media world we live in. I can almost see some bitter little news mogul rubbing his hands together and smiling as they bring down a successful person.

And what is with all these bimbo money grabbers who are now centre stage, boasting about where and when they did it. Some people have no self worth.

Why not leave it to him and his family to sort out.
by cjj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by polo on topic Tiger Woods.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5591
Interesting post Clive.

I agree with you in the main. The 'build em up to knock em down' is a very British press thing to do.

The thing about Tiger is the way he has built a reputation for being a private person and safeguarding his private life and family. He does not court publicity like other so called stars. I think the big shock is because it seems so out of context.

He has announced an indefinite break from golf - how can you concentrate with all that on your mind? Having said that, he has done well over the past couple of years and would have had plenty on his mind then too..!!

It will be interesting to see what his sponsors do.
by polo

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Tiger Woods.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5593

CJJ;5584 wrote: Was it a genuine story that we really needed to know? Or a media frenzy whipped up by people who love to bring down people?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is right what he has done, but do I and millions of others really need to know?

Sometimes I really get sick of the media world we live in. I can almost see some bitter little news mogul rubbing his hands together and smiling as they bring down a successful person.

And what is with all these bimbo money grabbers who are now centre stage, boasting about where and when they did it. Some people have no self worth.

Why not leave it to him and his family to sort out.

Nice soap box Clive.

But you're quite right, so pass that box over here!

The popular press have descended into being the lowest form of pondlife on the planet. Feral scavengers that prey on the weak-willed or anyone who stands out, or stands up for something.
Modus Operandi - Build some nobody up, and then knock them down.

And the mass of the population laps it up!

'Gaze on their works and despair!'

David
:shrug:

• cjj
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Tiger Woods.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5595
That's another thing I hate about the modern world. His sponsors think that I won't buy a perfectly good razor because Tiger Woods has been sleeping around. How shallow do they think I am?

To be honest, they should be capitalising on the fact that he has attracted so many women. :)
by cjj

Replied by jonnocash on topic Tiger Woods.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5596
now im not going to defend the media, bimbos or tiger. the reason the press feels it has the right to tell this story is that tiger makes £s out of endorsements selling the image of thimself as a family man, so when his less than perfect life comes out they (the press) believe there doing us a service by pointing this out. like i said im not saying its right

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Tiger Woods.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5599

CJJ;5595 wrote: That's another thing I hate about the modern world. His sponsors think that I won't buy a perfectly good razor because Tiger Woods has been sleeping around. How shallow do they think I am?

To be honest, they should be capitalising on the fact that he has attracted so many women. :)

:yesnod::goodidea::rofl:

David
:shrug:

Replied by polo on topic Tiger Woods.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5600
The TW advert for the Gillette Ladyshave should be worth watching...........
by polo

• cjj
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5602

jonnocash;5596 wrote: now im not going to defend the media, bimbos or tiger. the reason the press feels it has the right to tell this story is that tiger makes £s out of endorsements selling the image of thimself as a family man, so when his less than perfect life comes out they (the press) believe there doing us a service by pointing this out. like i said im not saying its right

I have never really noticed that side of him. All I see is a sporting personallity. Do they really hang their products on his name as he is an all round good guy, or because he is a sporting god? I have never seen the Pope advertising shaving gear, so I find it all a bit two faced. It's not as if his sponsors are advertising perfect marriage products (Whatever they might be).
by cjj

Replied by jonnocash on topic Tiger Woods.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5610
americans are very conservative - small town small minded mentality - in france theyll all be trying to work out what the fuss is about. the english papers are weird (topless models semi naked 'celebs' long range photos of naked stars) but there the first to jump on the no sex bangwagon. i try not to read the papers

• cjj
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5615
Ah yes, Americans. Very strange people. :yesnod:
by cjj

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Tiger Woods.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5636
Happy Monday everybody!

Tiger's been the subject of hot debate in our house, (sad really!).

In my opinion, the guy's all grown up, intelligent and knows what he's doing/has done.

He's been caught out.

He appears to have "enjoyed! multiple infidelities both away from and at home.

He lives in a media spotlight as dose his missus.

She too is all grown up.

If your wife/partner found out that you had been unfaithfull not once, but several times then I ask what would most women do?

They're not short of a bob or two so the major obstacle to seperation is not a problem in their case.

They may still love each other but they will NEVER trust each other again.

Would you want to be in that kind of relationship?

I think they'll split in due course and then Tiger will get back to playing with his balls again!

Sad - but a simple fact of life.

I do admire the Yanks, I essentially dislike my fellow Brit and I think the French have got it just about right!!!

I'll get off my soap box now!

Cheers,

Richard
by a Guest

• cjj
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Posted 14 years 8 months ago #5645

Stealthbat;5636 wrote: I do admire the Yanks, I essentially dislike my fellow Brit and I think the French have got it just about right!!!

Oooh. Expand on that. :)

I think they will split, but because of what he does, because it is what the media want and they will hound him until it happens.
by cjj

Time to create page: 0.814 seconds