SRS

SRS was created by Dany_vfx

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #206797
Hi there,
The spray of water didn't work. Checked the pump and it works. So the issue was the Wiper, Turn Signals/Indicators, Lights Switch Unit. Then i bought another one and replaced it.
I disconnected the battery 2 hours before starting the replacement.
Now the spray water works but the SRS light doesn't turn off.
I did the operation all over again, thinking I had done something wrong.
But nothing has changed.
Can someone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Notanumber on topic SRS

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #206799
Check the SRS yellow connections to and from the clock spring. Also check if the horn works as that runs using another pair of wires within the clockspring spool. .. These things can be a problem if they are rotated whilst off the car as the internal wires are fragile and can break if stretched by too many turns. Best take off the car (with battery disconnected) and check the clockspring for continuity. Fortunately 2nd hand ones are usually available if it is shagged

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Replied by Viper on topic SRS

Posted 2 weeks 4 days ago #207109
I had this problem on a 2004 MG TF I got fairly cheap because the SRS light had been on for a while and mechanics told the previous ownere not to worry about it.

I borrowed a $5000 scanner off the secretary of the MG Club here in Sydney, Australia and discovered the DCU (Deployment Control Unit) wasn't responding but the other units eg. ECU were.

So I replaced the DCU which is fairly easy, it's up in below my stereo in the centre console.

Voila, no more SRS light.
Last Edit:2 weeks 4 days ago by Viper
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Cobber.

Replied by Airportable on topic SRS

Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago #207111
Do be careful when replacing this controller, the one illuminated is for a dual airbag.
If this is the device you have installed & you replace it with a single unit you will be no closer.
There are any number of the single bag units on eBay but on the last look only one dual; that’s not surprising as there were far fewer of the dual airbag cars, certainly in the UK, export cars were higher spec & if Cobb’s correlates that nugget of information then all will be happy.
M
I’m adding an addendum here, as I’ve said I’m away & can’t check my notes but I’m 95% sure that info is correct.
M
Last Edit:2 weeks 3 days ago by Airportable
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Airportable.

Replied by Roverlike on topic SRS

Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago #207112
MG Rover/XPart number YWJ101230 (DOUBLE air bag) has the number YWC001600 written on the ECU

MG Rover/XPart number YWJ101220 (SINGLE air bag) has the number YWC001610 written on the ECU
Last Edit:2 weeks 2 days ago by Roverlike
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Roverlike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Replied by Viper on topic SRS

Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago #207113
I replaced that one with a dual.
by Viper

Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago #207115
Just to qualify if I see a controller with YWC101230 on it, I’m looking at a dual airbag controller & that is the same device as a YWC001600.
My original controller was a1230 & that wouldn’t have a second airbag, it was only after several experiments & advise from a prominent supplier that I obtained a1600 & all became sweetness & light, but without the light.
M

Replied by Cobber on topic SRS

Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago #207117
I've only ever seen duel airbag cars here

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

by Cobber

Posted 2 weeks 2 days ago #207126

Just to qualify if I see a controller with YWC101230 on it, I’m looking at a dual airbag controller & that is the same device as a YWC001600.
My original controller was a1230 & that wouldn’t have a second airbag, it was only after several experiments & advise from a prominent supplier that I obtained a1600 & all became sweetness & light, but without the light.
M

No, YWJ101230 is part number under which you order airbag from parts store (for dual airbag), but on that airbag ecu is written YWC001600. Yes this is confusing. There are other versions what is written on the ecu, but it would require search to pickup all versions written on the ecu (for dual airbag YWC105400 or YWC103380 or...) . As in your case you have YWC101230 written on the ecu, but that is single airbag and that one should be ordered from parts store as YWJ101220.

Posted 2 weeks 2 days ago #207130
Out of the haze comes an understanding. This brings clarity to someone who has been on the dual airbag journey but for someone embarking, without this jewel, the way I’d still confusing.
Thank you, again I applaud your seemingly encyclopaedic knowledge of these things.
M

Replied by sworkscooper on topic SRS

Posted 2 weeks 2 days ago #207145
If I were to put an additional air bag in my TF and then replace the deployment ECU with the dual one , would I have to get the car programmed to accept the change? I know that Pscan will not do this so would it have to be done through the MG /Rover Testbook system ?
Last Edit:2 weeks 2 days ago by sworkscooper
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by sworkscooper. Reason: miss spelt

Posted 2 weeks 2 days ago #207148

If I were to put an additional air bag in my TF and then replace the deployment ECU with the dual one , would I have to get the car programmed to accept the change? I know that Pscan will not do this so would it have to be done through the MG /Rover Testbook system ?
SRS ECU and 2 airbags with pretensioners are independent system from the rest of the car. If you wnat to add second airbag, you will need wiring in place or you will need to obtain it, dual airbag ECU and airbag itself.
No additional programming is needed.

EDIT: When obtaining parts do not forget to obtain seatbelt pretensioner with airbag. These are easily forgot.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds