SPRAYING

SPRAYING was created by digcot65

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207607
Finally managed to get the O/S of the car looking good I must have spent hours filling and flatting the rear arch down ,to  get rid of the "crease" where someone had hit a post .G      ave it two or three coats of undercoat/primer followed by three coats of silver base colour .Now the weather is decent Ive sprayed the O/S with 4 coats of 2x lacquer .Just have to leave it for a few days to harden ,then I can flat it with 200 wet and dry and get my polishing mop with FARECLA on it to bring the gloss out Quite a few hours spent but waste if not done correctly Len

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by judiths handyman on topic SPRAYING

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207608
Looks nice, looking forward to seeing the finished article.
The following user(s) said Thank You: digcot65

Replied by digcot65 on topic SPRAYING

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207617
Next job,to finish spraying underseal to the O/S of the underbody and then lower it down to look at the front end.I doubt the I wont have to  respray it,but Im not leaving it if it needs doing .The wheels are quite ratty so Ill have to respray those or it will spoil the look of the car Len

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207622
Went into the garage this morning and I`m not happy with the spraying it has some orange peel for some reason .Mind you since the whole side was ready to base coat,I did it in on go ,whereas before on the O/S I did panel by panel. professionals do it in one go ,but with a nice paint booth and air con.Professional  I aint ,also my wife said you`ll just mither  and moan about it not being satisfied so you may as well do it the way you want .Since I bought it as a long term project I have the time to get it right .Im just a frustrated perfectionist .Show more photos when I`m happy with it Len
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207646
Morning ,Ive flatted the N/S down and it now looks fine all the mottled effect has gone so if the weather allows,I can spray the silver base coat on Len 

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207675
Ive just resprayed the N/s  of the TF after the last time was a bit of a mess .I realised after I finished spraying r ,I`d left it a couple of days after spraying the base coat until I sprayed the lacquer coats .This allowed the base coat to harden off losing any "KEYING"  with more paint causing lacker to run .Now Iv sprayed base and lacquer coats within an hour and the result is how I hoped for .When its completely cured ( a couple of days) I can flat it down with 200 and then polish it with my electric mop Hopefully then move onto the front end of the car ,which I may as well respray as Ive done the rest Len

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207676
Should be flat it down with 2000 /,200 would strip it off again Len

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds