Aerial

Aerial was created by digcot65

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207623
Can someone please tell me the size of the nut under the aeril that hold it in Its not easy to get to and since my car is jacked up the one side even harder Len 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Airportable on topic Aerial

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207624
I think it’s held in from the top. The top nut (black) screws on to a thread coming up through the wing from the base & it is this that retains it.
M

Replied by Notanumber on topic Aerial

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207625
+1 for what Mike said. It's the top nut that releases it

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

The following user(s) said Thank You: digcot65

Replied by digcot65 on topic Aerial

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207628
Thanks I`d taped my aerial up to spray the wing,but I would rather remove it before spraying Thanks again Len

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207630
I have unscrewed the top section of the aerial,but its the base I would like to remove .This saves masking it and spraying round the base .I can see a small nut underneath the base,but its quite dufficult to get to with the car jacked up and it seems an odd size of nut 

Replied by Airportable on topic Aerial

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207632
As a first try I’d remove the top nut & then screw the aerial back into the base & give it a good wiggle bordering on thrutch, it should come free. It’ll have had some goo around the thread to waterproof it & that in, all probability will have transmogrified into Ugg. Ugg doesn’t let go without a bit of a fight.
If that fails hit it (no don’t do that!)
M

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207635
Just had a very close look at the nut and you can just about see two flats on it I dont  know if its been painted over I thought it wa round .Yet again the advantage of a forum  Ive flatted it and can spray it correctly save masking it all up .  Len

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207636
You can see the "mottled effect" just below the hole  I had to get rid of .Now all the N/S of the car is flatted down a treat I can start again .Len

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds