MGTF Servicing in Scotland

MGTF Servicing in Scotland was created by Shog69

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207686
Now that I have my MG TF, I would like to get Cambelts and Water Pump done, can anyone recommend a business in Scotland?
by Shog69

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mowog73 on topic MGTF Servicing in Scotland

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207689
Dreadnought Garage, Callander.
https://www.dreadnoughtgarage.com/

[size=10pt]Mark[/size]
95 MGF

by mowog73
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shog69

Replied by Shog69 on topic MGTF Servicing in Scotland

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207696
Have you used them?
by Shog69

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207727
Got quoted £677.18 for Timing Belt, Water Pump and Tensioner change by Dreadnought Garage. Everyone I have check south of the border into England is coming in £295 to £350 for the same work.......
by Shog69

Replied by Notanumber on topic MGTF Servicing in Scotland

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207730
Shout if you want to borrow my cam and crank locking tools if you decide to do it yourself

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Replied by Airportable on topic MGTF Servicing in Scotland

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207735
How far south do you have to travel to find a satisfactory garage who will do the job in its entirety for £350?
Obviously the further south, the less cost effective is the thought of driving to have the job done & return the same day.
I guess that there will be a number of contributors who would prefer to leave the oiliest of jobs to those who job it is to repair cars & would travel to those whose reputation goes before them.
I have been talking about rebuilding my suspension for a couple of years but as yet I’ve not plucked up the courage to start. The skills haven’t escaped me & if anything I’m better equipped that ten years ago, it’s simply I’m ten years older, ten years less supple & ten years more lazy.
I will entrust the job to a friend of mine who has moved a distance from his original establishment & I won’t hesitate to travel.
It has to be said that the longer a garage has been established & the older the mechanic, the greater is the likelihood of them being familiar with the K series, after all they were ubiquitous twenty five years ago & any mechanic of that era worth his salt should be capable of reacquainting himself with an old adversary.
Just a thought but do keep us posted, the more knowledge we collectively accrue the easier (less difficult) it will be, as these cars age.
M

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #207795
Had my MG serviced and Cambelt, Tensioner and Water Pump done today by @david.mg.rover.mobile.mechanics. 
Service = Oil, Oil Filter, Platinum Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Coolant.

David really knows these cars and I will be using him going forward.

by Shog69

Replied by Airportable on topic MGTF Servicing in Scotland

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #207796
Thanks for reporting back, information like this is invaluable. All too often someone calls in for some advice & having drawn from the cup of knowledge, disappears & is heard of no more.
The sum total of the accrued knowledge on here has been hard won, your addition is welcome, thank you.
M

Replied by Notanumber on topic MGTF Servicing in Scotland

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #207797
It's great to hear you found so.eone reliable who knows these cars well.

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds